not great pics, 9mm top, .45 bottom

9492a578.jpg

Hobie8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Lake County
    Aw jeez....I went and did it. Bought my first 1911. A new SA Loaded with night sights in matte black. Then I put some nice black VZ 320 grips on it with turbo screws...it looks slicker than snot on a doorknob. I've put about 400 rounds thru it, and it seems to have an occaisional feed issue with S&B FMJ. It looks like the slide is not going all the way back after some shots, and doesn't chamber the next round. I put about 50 rounds of Speer Gold Dot JHP and it ate that stuff OK, same with Magtech 165 gr +P. Anyway, pics to follow.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Does my Colt 1991 count?

Got this one out of Texas. One of my first complete re-blueing jobs.... not great, but...... :cool:

Considering the gold-plating, I was really afraid to start on this. Then, one winter day.... I was bored. The rest is history. I've only fired it at the range...twice. :ingo:

ColtCustom3801991A1-1.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Actually, here they are. You can send them pictures or anything, and they'll make them.

The guy quoted me $200 for those, which... if you're gonna do it, that's not all that bad.

Handmade Grips | Custom Grips | Mother of Pearl Grips | Silver Grips | Golden Grips | Custom Pistol Grips | Custom Revolver Grips | Custom 1911 Grips | Custom Beretta Grips | Custom Browning Grips | Custom Sig Sauer Grips | Custom Smith&Wesson Grips
    He made me a set of grips for one of my CZ75b pistols with sterling silver inlay and they are beautiful.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Actually, here they are. You can send them pictures or anything, and they'll make them.

The guy quoted me $200 for those, which... if you're gonna do it, that's not all that bad.

Handmade Grips | Custom Grips | Mother of Pearl Grips | Silver Grips | Golden Grips | Custom Pistol Grips | Custom Revolver Grips | Custom 1911 Grips | Custom Beretta Grips | Custom Browning Grips | Custom Sig Sauer Grips | Custom Smith&Wesson Grips

WOW... there are some very nice grips on there...

I can picture a set of SA grips (Ruger Blackhawk probably) with the quote

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed..."

Top Bottom