• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    It is a real GI. The serial number is 19615. I haven't gotten the whole dating thing down yet, but it's between a 1913-1919. It was my grandpa's during WWII.

It has been reworked as well. It has RIA, and EEC stamped on it. From what I understand, the frame is a Remington, and the slide is a Colt.
    Correct, with the E.E.C. (Edmund E. Chapman, inspector between Aug. 1918 and June 1919) stamp and the serial number being 19615, it's a 1919 Remington-UMC receiver. With the slide, hammer, slide stop, stocks and probably the barrel having been replaced during it's rebuild. You have a nice keepsake there. :yesway:

Last edited:

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    My Kimber Royal II............ had a good friend who builds race guns go thru it and make it a real shooter. The nicest most relaible semi auto I have ever had ;) I have carried it everyday for over 18 months :yesway:

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    My newest 1911

After having to sell my Kimbers, Colt, Taurus and Charles Daly I have finally been able to trade around for another 1911: Its a Desert Eagle G, a 70 series 5" government model. Going to shoot it today and so far I love its looks, fit and finish.

dscn6161h.jpg

dscn6165s.jpg

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    VERY nice looking 1911. Looks like they did a great job!

After having to sell my Kimbers, Colt, Taurus and Charles Daly I have finally been able to trade around for another 1911: Its a Desert Eagle G, a 70 series 5" government model. Going to shoot it today and so far I love its looks, fit and finish.

dscn6161h.jpg

dscn6165s.jpg

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I've wanted a 1911 for a very long time. Even though, I think there are a lot of perfectly acceptable alternatives; I wanted "the real McCoy" a Colt.

As we all know, the good Lord made men small and the good Lord made men tall; but Col. Sam Colt, he made 'em all equal. Okay, I know Samuel Colt was long gone when John Browning designed the 1911. It is still a cool saying.

Sorry, I digress ...

A few months ago, I was at my favorite gun shop a stone's throw southwest of Indy. I was only there to buy ammo
    (...as my girlfriend often says: "Riiiiight!") for the NFA shoot I was attending when I made an impulse buy.

Back in the 1911 section they had a used Colt 1991A1 Compact. When I handled it, the Colt felt great. It has a steel frame, a 3 1/2 inch barrel and night sights. Now, I have been looking at the Colt Talo priced at about a grand online(...with a payment plan). So when I saw the price tag at $599 and the fella behind the counter told me he could knock $30 off the price, I put it in layaway.

For the next month, as I made payments, I was really having a case of buyer's remorse: That was a lot of money; I need another gun like I need another hole in my head; gosh that big "COLT 1991A1tm" stamped on the slide is ugly; etc.

I finally picked her up, bought a box of ammo and took her directly to the range. I wish I had a picture of the smile on my face after shooting 50 rounds. I was really surprised how mild of a shooter it is. Since it is a compact, I was really afraid it would be a handful. Not so, I was making 8 inch groups at 10 yards right out of the box. After I spent some time working on my 'trigger reset", I was shooting 6 inch groups.

I have since shot her again. She went through a whole box of TulAmmo 230 gr. FMJ .45 auto with nary an issue(...you gotta love a girl that's a cheap date!).

I believe I am a 1911 convert. I have a feeling this won't be my last 1911.

Picture? Of course....

Colt1991A1Compact.jpg

Last edited:

Kazan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Latest addition, sold the TRP and CZ 75 to finance this.
    Ed Brown Special Forces with Rail
    EBSFVZ.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The new DETONICS MTX model, its the successor to the CombatMaster. This is the 1st production gun from the factory. I'm not shooting this one. It will live comfortably in my sare, unfired.

Not traditional looking but the function is pure 1911.

Its actually a 2 tone black over dark grey but looks all black in the photo
    1stDetonicsMTXproduced.jpg

I will be shooting the prototype gun, which is nearly identical to this gun and is pictured in other threads here on INGO, the prototype has a titanium colored frame with a black slide. I figure that gun has probably 20,000 rounds through it already so its not like me shooting it will lower the value, but the 1st production gun, that will become a safe queen.

This gun uses many of the patents developed for the original Detonics CombatMaster, as well as many new ones. Its the first fully modular/CNC machined production 1911 pistol (as opposed to custom shop guns). The grip/frame is alloy, the grip comes off and can be swapped with higher capacity grips, but this compact variant holds 12 rounds of 45acp. The grip shape and angle are a bit steeper than a traditional 1911 and more like the BROWNING HP or CZ 75 grip shapes and the angle directs more of the recoil down the arm by aligning the bore axis with your arm, rather than high above it so the muzzle flip is naturally reduced.

The grip, being CNC machined inside and out, allows for tighter tolerances and that translates into a grip circumference that is smaller than many double stand 9mm pistols. The length of pull from backstrap to the front of the trigger is also shorter, making this gun easier to use by people with even average size hands, something that most doublestacks (of any caliber) turn into a challenge.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    do-want-dog.jpg

The new DETONICS MTX model, its the successor to the CombatMaster. This is the 1st production gun from the factory. I'm not shooting this one. It will live comfortably in my sare, unfired.

Not traditional looking but the function is pure 1911.

Its actually a 2 tone black over dark grey but looks all black in the photo
    1stDetonicsMTXproduced.jpg

I will be shooting the prototype gun, which is nearly identical to this gun and is pictured in other threads here on INGO, the prototype has a titanium colored frame with a black slide. I figure that gun has probably 20,000 rounds through it already so its not like me shooting it will lower the value, but the 1st production gun, that will become a safe queen.

This gun uses many of the patents developed for the original Detonics CombatMaster, as well as many new ones. Its the first fully modular/CNC machined production 1911 pistol (as opposed to custom shop guns). The grip/frame is alloy, the grip comes off and can be swapped with higher capacity grips, but this compact variant holds 12 rounds of 45acp. The grip shape and angle are a bit steeper than a traditional 1911 and more like the BROWNING HP or CZ 75 grip shapes and the angle directs more of the recoil down the arm by aligning the bore axis with your arm, rather than high above it so the muzzle flip is naturally reduced.

The grip, being CNC machined inside and out, allows for tighter tolerances and that translates into a grip circumference that is smaller than many double stand 9mm pistols. The length of pull from backstrap to the front of the trigger is also shorter, making this gun easier to use by people with even average size hands, something that most doublestacks (of any caliber) turn into a challenge.

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    Desert Eagle 1911

Took it out today and I LOVE THIS 1911!!! We set clay pigeons on the hill at Wilbur Wrights 25yd range and hit them all with the first shot! This pistol is as accurate as my Kimbers were and feel just as smooth!

dscn6161h.jpg

dscn6165s.jpg

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    What do y'all think of my latest project?

photo-110.jpg

photo-111.jpg

Springfield champion loaded in stainless. I just finished completely polishing every piece of the gun. All except for the top of the slide. I left I alone so that it wouldn't glare while shooting in the sun.

Also I just finished making the carbon fiber grips. Well their almost finished. And nevermind the invincible grip screws, they are misplaced at the moment.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    What do y'all think of my latest project?

photo-110.jpg

photo-111.jpg

Springfield champion loaded in stainless. I just finished completely polishing every piece of the gun. All except for the top of the slide. I left I alone so that it wouldn't glare while shooting in the sun.

Also I just finished making the carbon fiber grips. Well their almost finished. And nevermind the invincible grip screws, they are misplaced at the moment.

Very nice Bill

Top Bottom