• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    not as many bells and whistles....WC CQB.....

2d0ayiu.jpg

Very nice!

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I haven't had too many 1911s, but the Colt Government I had I gave to my son. I bought a Kimber Pro CDP II that I tried hard to love, but found that whenever I fired it, the beaver tail dug into my thumb knuckle. After a few mags, my thumb was done. :(

I didn't want to give up on the 1911, so I was determined to someday find one that fit my hand better. Saturday was that "someday."

I wasn't looking to buy, but I happened to spy the most beautiful 1911 I'd ever seen in the store the other day. To make it irresistible, Sig is running a promotion right now where, if you buy one of their 1911s, you can buy one of their .22LR 1911s for only $99! I couldn't say no.

Meet my new mistress, "Shannon" (I named her after Shannon Bream, because when I first saw this pistol, I let out the same audible sigh that I do whenever Shannon Bream comes on TV.)

IMG_1975a_zpsf0ba3f09.jpg

IMG_2010a_zps6f8123b0.jpg

... and her baby brother:

IMG_2051a_zps8350b460.jpg

I staged it with some vintage .45 ACP cartridges for fun. He's a decent, fun plinker, but that's about it.

Uhh…did it come in that color with those grips? That is so sexy.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I can't believe it has been a week since anyone had a new 1911 they wanted to show off. I'll break the drought and show my newest acquisition. It's a Colt Combat Elite that is quickly moving to the top of my favorites list.

Last edited:

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I can't believe it has been a week since anyone had a new 1911 they wanted to show off. I'll break the drought and show my newest acquisition. It's a Colt Combat Elite that is quickly moving to the top of my favorites list.

Nice Colt! I only post every 5th one I buy. JetGirl and Churchmouse get a bit snippy when someone has more 1911's than they do.:dunno:

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    This is "New to Me" Delta Elite that was bone stock when I picked it up at the last 1500. I installed a 10-8 rear sight and replaced all Cast and polymer parts with Wilson Combat Bulletproof Parts. I don't know if it is worth what I have in it, but I'm Liking it.

Top Bottom