• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I got out to the range the other day and it had been far too long to really stretch out the legs on my Springfield Loaded. I had swapped out the two piece guide rod for a Wilson one piece and wanted to make sure it ran. The gun functioned 100% and I'm happy with it.

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    Great thread! Though I spend a great deal of my time with 1911 parts in my hand, I can still look at finished 1911's all day long. What a wonderful collection on display!

Andy Cree

Signess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2016
    Evansville
    I have three SIG 1911's - a 1911 MAX, a Scorpion carry traditional and a STX. They are all very well made and very accurate. I've never had a malfunction with any of them and and fired 1000's of rounds.

Sgt Taco

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Nice! I really have to pick one of those up some day. They are way too much fun.

You got that right! It is my favorite gun to go shoot right now. Point Blank in Carmel has these carnival targets. You know, the ones with the ducks and such that look like carnival games? My son and I will do accuracy competitions using this gun and those targets. So much fun.

Signess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2016
    Evansville
    Love SIG 1911s - They make the best factory 1911 out there. I have three. I have a friend with 6 Kimbers and I had to work on ALL of them to correct feed and ejection problems. One of my SIG's has over 6000 rounds through it without a malfunction.

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    Love SIG 1911s - They make the best factory 1911 out there. I have three. I have a friend with 6 Kimbers and I had to work on ALL of them to correct feed and ejection problems. One of my SIG's has over 6000 rounds through it without a malfunction.
    I was not looking for a Sig 1911 when I found this, but I really like it! The trigger is a little stiff, but that is ok for now. I ran 200 rds yesterday and it was SPOT ON! I think its a keeper!

Mad Machinist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Macon
    1932 mfg.JPG
    This is a 1932 Commercial manufacture Colt 1911A1 that was Lend Leased to the British during WWII. I bought it as a young 2LT stationed in Germany in 1982 at the Graffenwhor Rod and gun club............for less than $100.00. I was a Signal Corps Officer who wound up spending my entire career in Combat Arms units......mainly Nuclear capable Field Artillery.....so as the COMSEC and NRAS custodian I had to be armed pretty much 24/7. It had a lot of holster wear when I bought it and got a lot more over the next few years as I managed to get myself on orders to carry a personal sidearm....and it was with me all over Europe and Korea.......thought about having it refinished.....but have grown kinda comfortable with it as is....have shot literally tens of thousands of rounds through her....and still gets slipped in a Yaqui slide for daily carry on a regular basis.....:D

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    View attachment 52472
    This is a 1932 Commercial manufacture Colt 1911A1 that was Lend Leased to the British during WWII. I bought it as a young 2LT stationed in Germany in 1982 at the Graffenwhor Rod and gun club............for less than $100.00. I was a Signal Corps Officer who wound up spending my entire career in Combat Arms units......mainly Nuclear capable Field Artillery.....so as the COMSEC and NRAS custodian I had to be armed pretty much 24/7. It had a lot of holster wear when I bought it and got a lot more over the next few years as I managed to get myself on orders to carry a personal sidearm....and it was with me all over Europe and Korea.......thought about having it refinished.....but have grown kinda comfortable with it as is....have shot literally tens of thousands of rounds through her....
    Beautiful gun! Even better story!! Don't have that one refinished, she's gorgeous as is.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    HOW Battery 3/11 Cav Bad Hersfeld-1983-87. Spent a lot of time in Graff, never got lucky enough to see the Rod and Gun club though. Good story, nice find.

Mad Machinist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Macon
    HOW Battery 3/11 Cav Bad Hersfeld-1983-87. Spent a lot of time in Graff, never got lucky enough to see the Rod and Gun club though. Good story, nice find.
    Heyyyyy......... 1/10 FA 3ID Schweinfurt 82 to 86....we probably ate some of the same mud for damn sure......can't remember but we tied a bunch of the HOW Batteries into our FDC during Reforger in 84 I think......I believe it was all the batteries from 2ACR. Really miss those days.....had the best commo section in 7th Corps in 1/10 FA.....we were doing depot level radio rebuilds on our battalion shop.......LOL

And fortunately I had the luxury of a jeep and driver......even though I was a 2LT/1LT while I was there.....a good signal officer is treated like royalty in a field artillery battalion.....

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Mud , sand, dark beer, it was all the same. Sure was fun blowing things up though. Good signal officer should have been, they were rare!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    TLfytwOh.jpg

About two years worth of carry and between 4,000-4,500 rounds down the pipe. I am convinced the Duty Treat is the toughest finish on the market and dollar for dollar Dan Wesson makes the best 1911's around.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Picked up my Les Baer I ordered today.

Its an Ultimate Tactical Carry basically a TRS without all the logos. Going to run 400-500 through it Saturday. Had to modify a few Wilson mags as they would not fit without taking the tiny lip off the 47d's that i really have never noticed till they would not seat.

6eqbtz.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Picked up my Les Baer I ordered today.

Its an Ultimate Tactical Carry basically a TRS without all the logos. Going to run 400-500 through it Saturday. Had to modify a few Wilson mags as they would not fit without taking the tiny lip off the 47d's that i really have never noticed till they would not seat.

6eqbtz.jpg

:drool:

Top Bottom