• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cascadewalker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Picked it up this morning and spent the day fitting it up. Still work to do but it will be sweet.
    SP5VSU3.jpg
    Looks great. What was done to remove the FCS ?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    carmel
    jKeCZAP.jpg

QSTAKoO.jpg

This is kind of a little sneak peak, Ill post some better pics a little later on after Ive completed everything with the pistol....its one Ive been working on for a while now, a 9mm commander. I used a dremel in a couple of spots, namely the undercut and grip safety blend, but other than that everything fit by hand and completed with files/lots of sandpaper. I was lucky enough to get a Lindsay Airgraver setup from my parents as a present a while back, and I used that to engrave the slide, and stipple some locations on the small parts, and the back of the slide.
    rprDKGf.jpg

For some reason the nitre-bluing process really appeals to me for an eye catching and classy looking finish, even though it may not be very durable, so I used it to finish the small parts and pins as this most likely wont be a hard use pistol with a lee lead pot and some salts from brownells in my kitchen. After the engraving was completed, I rust blued the slide and a couple other parts like the firing pin stop and extractor, but after assembly am getting some rub marks on the very bottom of the slide where it meets the dustcover. Might go back and hit that with some sandpaper again, do another cycle or few of rust blue if I have the time...anyways, its a Christmas present for my parents/family, and their first firearm:)

Last edited:

Disgruntled0321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2019
    In a compound
    jKeCZAP.jpg

QSTAKoO.jpg

This is kind of a little sneak peak, Ill post some better pics a little later on after Ive completed everything with the pistol....its one Ive been working on for a while now, a 9mm commander. I used a dremel in a couple of spots, namely the undercut and grip safety blend, but other than that everything fit by hand and completed with files/lots of sandpaper. I was lucky enough to get a Lindsay Airgraver setup from my parents as a present a while back, and I used that to engrave the slide, and stipple some locations on the small parts, and the back of the slide.
    rprDKGf.jpg

For some reason the nitre-bluing process really appeals to me for an eye catching and classy looking finish, even though it may not be very durable, so I used it to finish the small parts and pins as this most likely wont be a hard use pistol with a lee lead pot and some salts from brownells in my kitchen. After the engraving was completed, I rust blued the slide and a couple other parts like the firing pin stop and extractor, but after assembly am getting some rub marks on the very bottom of the slide where it meets the dustcover. Might go back and hit that with some sandpaper again, do another cycle or few of rust blue if I have the time...anyways, its a Christmas present for my parents/family, and their first firearm:)

That is beautiful! Very nice job so far. You should be very proud of that piece!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Picked it up this morning and spent the day fitting it up. Still work to do but it will be sweet.
    SP5VSU3.jpg

There are some subtle changes since the 1st pic. A strip down/mask off and a trip through the blast cabinet. Glass bead media softened the finish on the slide frame that was media blasted at the factory. The trigger still needs some attention. This is fine for me but for many not so much.

98vipbR.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    From post 4396. This is the nearly finished product. A bit of finish polish yet to be done. I am considering a more aggressive media for a darker finish.
    There is still some brass on the front site from setting it.
    gWTnUwB.jpg

Rqk8Hjk.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I can't compete with the high end or custom stuff, but they sure are pretty.
    Buddy of mine gave me a Valkyrie Dynamics muzzlebrake so I figured what the heck, and put in on my SR1911. Seemed to actually help a bit with muzzle rise but I kinda like the looks of it on her more than anything

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Terrible pic.
    Clark compensated barrel. Yes it does work. The hotter the load the better it works. I EDC this gun a lot.

PTWzWwU.jpg

IrEntgk.jpg

The top one is a custom one off 10mm. Bottom is the one above.

AHganal.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I see that you have some more eye-candy for my magic box, CM. We'll have to schedule another session for those beauties ! :yesway:

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    I have shot them all a great deal, shoot great! They are hammer forged frames and rotary hammer forged barrels. We cheated a bit on the WWII design, polished the feed ramp and beveled the mag well to make them more user friendly.

Top Bottom