• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Covert8645

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    You said the gun was dismantled and cleaned??

problem would not repeat after this. Were you shooting it or just cycling the slide??

I would also ask (as Kirk did) Over travel screw in place and properly adjusted??

I was shooting it at the time. When I was disassembling it and cleaning it later while doing functions checks and trying to replicate the malfunction again I was unable to.

Covert8645

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    I did not know that! Thanks!
    I considered buying a Para once. I don't really remember why I didn't, but that's one I've never owned. I'm kind of looking at S&W currently... know anything different about them? PM it as to not drag the thread farther off... Thankies!

This is the first Para I've owned. I got it last year when I got out of the Marine Corps. It was the only decent price one around (during the panic buy). It's the most accurate 1911 I've ever shot. I love it!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    This is the first Para I've owned. I got it last year when I got out of the Marine Corps. It was the only decent price one around (during the panic buy). It's the most accurate 1911 I've ever shot. I love it!

Hey, thanks for your service!
    My nephew just got his last deployment and in 18 months he'll be at his 20yrs for retirement. When he came to visit me this summer, I took him to the range with a buffet of 1911s...he loved all of them, too! I thought it was just genetic. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Thank you for your service.

I have owned many Paras from the model you have to some double stacks and everyone was a joy to shoot. They have all found new homes and the new owners have nothing but good to say about them.

In regards to your answer, shoot the gun again. Get a good high grip on it and cycle it like you hate it. It will not be harmed but run the gun. If it repeats you need to look into the issue as it could be any of the things mentioned in your thread. These guys all know their business. If you are local there are many who would gladly help you out.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom