• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carmel
    I'm looking for a beveled mag well for my Taurus 1911 45 I checked the web and found various types and price range has anyone installed one on their piece. Also looking for extended mags for same.
    Thanks for any info.

Chip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I would go with an Ed Brown part. You can get two piece and if you do not like it, just remove the well. Also it comes in many types of different checkering, machining, and such. I put one on a Springfield loaded a few years ago and loved it. A word of caution though, if you get a blued version and sweat badly it will get into the checkering and rust.........so I would go stainless.

Chip

45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carmel
    Chip, thanks for the tip but I have checkering on the front strap, can I get it without the checkering. As for the mag a purchased a 15 round mag for my Taurus that will give me 16 with one in. Sticks out a bit but I'll have extra rounds if I need them.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I've installed the Smith & Alexander magwell. Its a decent enough piece, certainly built well, but I spent a LOT of time fitting it and blended it with the existing bevel on the frame. I wouldn't bother for a carry gun myself, I find that they add more to the grip length without adding the the gun's handling characteristics, if you're buying it to speed competition reloads, go for it. If you think your life will be saved by a magwell, you should probably spend more time practicing reloads (competition helps here).

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Mag Well

I went with the Smith & Alexander also on a Springfield 9mm 1911 and a Colt Gov Model
    Like them a lot
    As far as Mags go just get Yourself some Base Pads and install them to the Mags You have now

gunrunner1212

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Anderson
    I put a stainless Ed Brown 2pc. mag well but to use my .22 conversion i have to remove the well but not a big deal. Other than that i like it.

Top Bottom