• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Nothing like a trade marked fluting style for free advertising.;-)

This gun will be a 'bolt action business card" :-) Once someone see's or shoots it, they will want one if they are in the market for a precision rifle. It's been fun watching this thing come together. It's my dream 700 for sure. Allen and Deene are just amazing together! What a team!

Deene Vanmeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2016
    Plainfield
    Larry, I hope you have as much fun shooting this as we are having building it. It's one thing to build something like this,but it's great to have someone appreciate the time and effort that goes into it. Thanks

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Larry, I hope you have as much fun shooting this as we are having building it. It's one thing to build something like this,but it's great to have someone appreciate the time and effort that goes into it. Thanks

I will, and it's going to be appreciated by me and my family for years to come! It's going to be a keeper. I am glad to hear it's being a fun build too. I know you guys are learning a lot along the way. Keep up the great work! And let me know how the test fire goes when she gets that far. I am loving the progress. Too cool!

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Ok here is another update in the rifle build saga

M16 extractor installed.

External bolt stop installed. The bolt stop is over sized and will get some shaping/trimming done to it

Bolt handle being installed

misc

I could not tolorate the scope mount you had so I picked up a 1 piece picatinny and some solid rings....Hope thats ok, it needed to happen. the other one was not heavy duty enough

It's almost barrel time

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Wow, just freaken wow!! I love it! So worth the wait. I can't wait to see the barrel machining pics. Use your judgement on what it needs. I am fine with that. I think that scope will be ok. I do need to have Leupold make custom turrets for it. the one that is on it is for 5.56. If I give them ballistics they will make them special for that gun.

Thanks Allen and Deene. Awesome progress!

Larry

Top Bottom