• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Tippecanoe Co.
    I have had this 1917 Eddystone for about 50 years in grease and Interarms box just sitting there. I decided that I might want to shoot it, as my 70+ eyes don't do well with irons anymore and it has a nice peep. So I clean it up and it is 8-18 built with an Eddy 7-18 barrel, arsenal rebuilt due to Winchester stock and park finish. Looks like new and unfired with perfect bore and bolt face. So, what do you guys think, shoot it , or just grab something else and keep it unfired ?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have had this 1917 Eddystone for about 50 years in grease and Interarms box just sitting there. I decided that I might want to shoot it, as my 70+ eyes don't do well with irons anymore and it has a nice peep. So I clean it up and it is 8-18 built with an Eddy 7-18 barrel, arsenal rebuilt due to Winchester stock and park finish. Looks like new and unfired with perfect bore and bolt face. So, what do you guys think, shoot it , or just grab something else and keep it unfired ?
    I think before you shoot it, you should sell it to my son, Thing 2.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I’d probably shoot it after having a gunsmith or other knowledgeable person giving it a good going over.

Top Bottom