• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    So I recently saw a Auto-Ordinance 1927A-1 Tommy Gun with the Violin Case at ZX Guns in Ft. Wayne a while back and the more I thought about it the more interested I was. I went back and they had sold it of course. I have yet to see one in any shops around here since.
    I was curious if anyone has one of these and how they shoot. The videos I saw seemed to be favorable to the gun.
    Would love to find one if anyone has seen one at a local shop. The only place I have seen them now is on GunBroker for a lot more than I would pay for one.
    1609350165617.png

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Have had one without the case for 20+ years, thought it was kool, neato, cat's pajamas and all that; until an acquaintance brought his SBR version to the range and then it was like gosh golly jeepers, why didn't I go that route? By the way it's heavy and anytime I've handed it to anyone to hold the first words out of their mouth usually address that.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Have had one without the case for 20+ years, thought it was kool, neato, cat's pajamas and all that; until an acquaintance brought his SBR version to the range and then it was like gosh golly jeepers, why didn't I go that route? By the way it's heavy and anytime I've handed it to anyone to hold the first words out of their mouth usually address that.
    I saw that in a few videos that they commented on it's weight.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I think depending on mag size you are taking 11-12 pounds.
    It is 2020 and they were the cats meow in 1920. Of course they were full auto then. Get an old Ford, a grey suit, a proper hat and the tommy.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    On the steel receiver model it weights at least that much without any magazine attached. The M1 comes in a bit lighter but sacrifices drum mag ability. To me the best compromise is the 1927 pistol and the real irony is with the rifle models I would never consider the alloy frame option, yet that's just what the pistol is.

Top Bottom