• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    This episode is on in the background today, and they are basically tracking a handgun that illegally travels through various people's lives. It's a total statement on how bad handguns are, how many deaths each year are attributed to them, and how guns don't belong with the general public.

The episode is almost 40 years old now, but you can sure see the opinions of the non-gun crowd throughout the entire episode.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1975 was shortly before the vote on the Massachusetts handgun ban and shortly before the vote on the California handgun ban.

In 1976 Washington DC would ban handguns until the Heller decision.

Things were much, much different then. Watch it and learn.

The battle for the Constitution is the battle for the culture.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    This episode is on in the background today, and they are basically tracking a handgun that illegally travels through various people's lives. It's a total statement on how bad handguns are, how many deaths each year are attributed to them, and how guns don't belong with the general public.

The episode is almost 40 years old now, but you can sure see the opinions of the non-gun crowd throughout the entire episode.

The episode is almost 40 years old and the more things change, the more they stay the same. Hawaii is still one of only four states that has no recognition of any other states' gun permission slip, no process for non-residents to legally carry there, and strictly controlled almost to the point of prohibition permission for its own citizens to carry. The others are CA, IL, and NY. (The other prohibitive states at least make non-resident carry theoretically possible... CT, DE, ME, MD, MA, NJ, OR, RI, and SC all have non-res permits available, and the other 38 are available with our LTCH and two other permits (AZ and UT))

Kirk is correct, though, that show reflects the times in which it was produced as well as the attitudes of the writers and producers. We still have them made today, but Hollyweird has become more subtle. Not much more, but more.

I think it's a good change, personally.

Blessings,
    Bill

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Hand guns are made for killin'
    Ain't no good for nothin' else
    And if you like your whiskey
    You might even shoot yourself
    So why don't we dump 'em people
    To the bottom of the sea
    Before some fool come around here
    Wanna shoot either you or me

(Chorus)
    Its a Saturday night special
    Got a barrel that's blue and cold
    Ain't no good for nothin'
    But put a man six feet in a hole

Lynyrd Skynyrd Saturday Night Special (released 1975)

Was a common theme back then I do believe.
    Awesome tune though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg56EJvw1Do

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Hand guns are made for killin'
    Ain't no good for nothin' else
    And if you like your whiskey
    You might even shoot yourself
    So why don't we dump 'em people
    To the bottom of the sea
    Before some fool come around here
    Wanna shoot either you or me

(Chorus)
    Its a Saturday night special
    Got a barrel that's blue and cold
    Ain't no good for nothin'
    But put a man six feet in a hole

Lynyrd Skynyrd Saturday Night Special (released 1975)

Was a common theme back then I do believe.
    Awesome tune though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg56EJvw1Do
    Yeah. Every time I hear that song, I think the boys in the band musta hit on the "Wrong Guys"" ol' lady!!!!!! :draw::D

PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    I think I remember that episode. The gun was a small .25 or .22. and evidently came loaded right out of the box. It was fired thru the whole show and never loaded the first time.:D The best(worst?) part was at the end when a bad-guy was shooting the short barreled, cheap gun with poor sights like a sniper rifle holding off 5-0 at long distance(at least for a belly gun). It was glaringly anti-gun and written by someone who knew nothing about handguns.:D

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I remember watching it as a kid and there was a bit of hype leading up to it. What I think is funny, (and I am painting with a large brush here) is that many folks on the left like to brag about how "scientific" they are and look down their noses at religous folks and their "crazy" superstitions and then will give a firearm nearly super human properties and will write shows that have plot lines where a handgun is like "Christine" in the Stephen King novel and is just "born bad".

There was also an episode of "Quincy" the Medical Examiner guy that had a similiar story line. In the 80's there was a made for tv movie about concealed carry for self defense that promised to "show both sides of the issue". It took place in NYC I believe and after the CCW law was passed it turned into the wild west with neighbors shooting at each other. I think the dad accidentally shot one of his family members at the end and he "came to realize how wrong it was to carry a weapon for protection."

The show ended with the ominous warning that "There are currently 12 states or so trying to pass CCW laws."

Hollywood is so weird.

If anyone else remembers that movie or the name of it I would appreciate it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yeah. Every time I hear that song, I think the boys in the band musta hit on the "Wrong Guys"" ol' lady!!!!!! :draw::D

They have a song about that too!

"Tank then screamed at Linda Lou and that's the break I was looking for
    You could hear me screaming a mile away I was headed right out the door."

Like the man said, "I am telling you son well it ain't no fun staring straight down a .44."

I saw a behind the music documentary and "Gimme Three Steps" is based on something that actually happened. I think Gary Rossington said "only the names were changed" and that "Ronnie simmered down a bit after that."

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    We just got back from vacation on Oahu.
    Hawaii has a very interesting gun culture.
    It is nearly impossible to get a carry permit unless you are LEO.
    BUT there are signs everywhere for shooting ranges.
    When we went snorkeling at Hanauma Bay, you could hear the range across the road and it was VERY active.
    At the shooting range, you rent guns and ammo at a very high price that varied from $35 for 22 rounds of 22 up to $500 for like 65 rounds of 223, Desert Eagle 50, and a 44 magnum or some such.
    The tour guide told me that Japanese visitors love shooting because no one can have guns over there and that was the reason for the ranges.
    Strange, but it's what he said.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Hawaii is a favorite destination point for the Japanese on several sports. It is actually cheaper and faster to fly to Hawaii from Japan to have a 18 hole round of golf than it is to book the same event in Japan.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    LOL...morale of the storie on this episode...

Hawaii has no guns
    Guns are evil
    When people see guns an can get guns they Must become evil.....its the evil guns fault.
    Feel sorry for murderers, its the gun fault after all.

Top Bottom