• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I have for sale a 1987 GMC Jimmy 4X4 V1500. This is the full size like the K5 blazer not the S10 size. I am the second owner of this vehicle. It was a maintenance vehicle for a school district in southern New Mexico before I got it. My dad bought it for me at a city surplus auction. Until last March it had never left the desert of southern New Mexico. There are no real dents or dings in the truck. There is almost no rust on this vehicle. There is a tiny bit of surface rust on the doors because the paint and clear coat are pretty much completely baked off of it from the dry desert heat. The frame, suspension, wheel wells, etc are rust free. The odometer shows 97k miles. Last year I replaced the original 305 throttle body engine with a fresh 350 carb engine. It is the basic GM 350ci 260hp crate engine. The new engine only has 3 tanks of fuel through it, about 600 miles. The tranny is a 700r4 automatic. The transfer case is the NP208. There is no lift kit on it so the suspension has not been altered except for new shocks.

I have replaced quite a few parts on this truck.
    Besides the base engine some of the new parts include
    91 amp alternator
    water pump
    carb (edelbrock AVS 650 thunder series)
    distributor
    NGK plugs and Accel 8mm wires
    battery
    hoses and belts
    throttle cable
    windshield wiper motor, arms, and washer tubing
    Warn manual front lockers
    side marker lights and tail light housing and lenses. (the old ones were faded and very cloudy)
    Skyjacker black max shocks all the way around (has factory quad shocks up front with 52" rear leafs for heavier load capacity)
    I have a new skyjacker black max dual steering stabilizer kit for it that I haven't had a chance to put on yet. The original single is still on it.

On the inside I have done quite a bit also. The interior was also toast due to the desert heat. I have replaced
    Dash pad (full pad not just a cover)
    all 3 seat covers were done with a kit from LMC trucks
    door panels
    steering wheel (with a smaller Grant GT)
    carpet
    I pulled both doors and the tailgate apart and cleaned then regreased all of the window regulators, door handle assemblies, latches etc. I also replaced all of the felt and rubber window seals and also the front door seals. Vent windows work as intended. All locks and windows are manual, not electric.
    I pulled the steering column apart and replaced the turn signal switch and cam, horn contact, and ignition switch.

The wheels are Mickey Thompson classic 3 model and the tires are Goodyear MT/R 265/75r16. (about 32" tall)They also only have about 600 miles on them.

The tranny had a fluid change when we swapped the engine (filter was not replaced.)
    Transfer case was just serviced, and the rear output shaft seal was replaced.

This truck is a factory AC truck but it was not put back on after the engine swap. All parts are are still in the truck except the compressor. I do have the compressor and bracket, its just not on the truck. The radio does not work. The dash has not been cut for a new radio and the original 2 shaft radio is still there. I did not replace the single original 4x10 dash speaker when I replaced the dash (that was the only factory speaker). The speedometer works but is off some because of the larger than factory tires. The rest of the guages all work. All the lights work as intended. The truck runs good. May still need some minor tuning as the engine finishes breaking in. It definately needs a paint job. There is a hole in the roof that has been patched. The school district had a yellow beacon light up there. after it was removed the hole was just covered over. It does not leak at all. It does have the removeable 3/4 hard top. This truck is a good driver now or could make a great full restoration or modded 4WD.

I quite a few other new parts and some of the original take off parts.

It is located in Noblesville just off I69 exit 210

I am asking $12,000 for this vehicle.

CJYnxCXl.jpg
    [/IMG]
    aRdU2SJl.jpg
    [/IMG]
    PDoaiePl.jpg
    [/IMG]
    wxCq2Fgl.jpg
    [/IMG]
    vexNkPfl.jpg
    [/IMG]