• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

tackleberry65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    speedway
    I've had this project for 12 years now. I think it's safe to say that if I didn't get it done when I was single, I won't get it done when we have our 2nd baby in August. It's time for someone else to love on this truck.

Body, as you can see in the photo, is pretty clean and all original. Not too many like this in Indiana. It was a Department of Forestry vehicle in Arizona, which I bought from my roommate when I was in the Navy. You can just barely make out the outline left by the stickers that were on the doors. You can see the condition of the fenders and rockers in the close-ups. That's not your average Hoosier Chevy's metal. Door skins might need a little massaging to get ready for paint. Surface rust on the roof over the windshield. All glass is good.

700R4 was rebuilt w/ new converter and has just a couple of miles on it. In the interest of full disclosure, it does appear to slip in drive and overdrive now. I think the front pump went bad. All the steels and clutches should be good still. NP208 transfer case was re-sealed at that time, too. The motor is a 350 bored .040. I can't say what the mileage is for sure, but when I tore it down to put new gaskets in it, it still had cross-hatch in the cylinder walls and no ridge in the top of the cylinders. TBI fuel injection and serpentine drive setup are from a 1988 Chevy donor truck. Throttle body was rebuilt and injectors were cleaned. New battery, fuel tank, fuel pump, hydroboost pump, and water pump. Good Warn front locking hubs.

This used to have a 6.2 diesel which I swapped to a 350. So, it has a extremely large radiator and dual battery trays with cables. Front winch bumper. Spare tire carrier on back. Removable fiberglass top. Comes with the original skidplates and an extra set of wheels with tires that hold air. Comes with an extra junkyard front shaft with a good CV joint in it. All the glass is good and the seats are in decent enough shape. Dash pad is shot from the Arizona sun.

Hard work is done already. Needs all the little things done to finish a project: Adjust new TV cable. Get the AC going if you want. Reassemble the interior. Replace the rear window switch. Maybe brakes. Needs tires. Readjust the hood. Replace door hinge pins. It's been sitting, so it needs to be driven and checked out as it becomes more roadworthy. This thing really deserves a paint job to protect the nice body.

Located in Greencastle, IN. About 6 or 7 miles off of I-70. Might consider firearms trades but really looking for cash.

20140601_153108.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    20140601_152935.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    20140601_152928.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    20140601_152923.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    20140601_152906.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    20140601_152900.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]