• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lwright

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Very cool video and very informative. I love to see things and techniques from the past, especially when they are still relevant. Thanks for posting.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Cool old video, well not that old for some of us, Thanks for posting both..
    I know now days most guys wonder about us old guys & those odd looking old wheel guns..

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I still don't quite understand how sending officers out into the field with .38s and speedloaders was ever a thing. 1911s, Hi-Powers, and other double stack semiautos have been around for a century. In Europe, police were well accustomed to even low-capacity semiautos. In 1988, an ISP officer would have been at a gross disadvantage when you look at what civilians had common access to. Did it really just boil down to institutional inertia?

Those speedloader pouches are slick, though. You'll never be quite as fast as if you applied that practice to a semiauto, but it still looks like you can get them out quick. Neat video.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Meet the Master. Doesn't get any better.

[video=youtube;0FbUMqoyjDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FbUMqoyjDw[/video]

I was hoping someone would put one of his videos up. I just counted 5 loaded speed loaders and one empty on the top of my safe. Plus 2 loaded zip strips. Does that mean I'm old?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Back in the day a auto pistol was considered training intensive for Policemen.
    The theory in the old times is you didn’t want a peace officer with a light trigger a double action revolver kept nervous officers from scattering a innocent persons brains on the sidewalk.
    In 1988 a colt diamond back or Smith 19 were state of the art smith autos were just getting a foothold. 1911’s were not as common as you would think and most police departments would never approve a single action pistol.
    We have some old LEO’s that may correct me ?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom