• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    I came across a champion that was born in 1992. Does anyone know if there is a beavertail grip safety besides Wilson that can be installed WITHOUT modifying/cutting the frame? I would imagine there must have been a few produced back then. Dumb question #2. Wilson has two listed...government and commander size. I'm pretty sure it takes the full size government MSH and beavertail, But not a 100%. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I came across a champion that was born in 1992. Does anyone know if there is a beavertail grip safety besides Wilson that can be installed WITHOUT modifying/cutting the frame? I would imagine there must have been a few produced back then. Dumb question #2. Wilson has two listed...government and commander size. I'm pretty sure it takes the full size government MSH and beavertail, But not a 100%. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure on any of this but, a Springfield Champion and a Colt Commander are the about the same difference aside from 1/4 inch of barrel. The frames are about the same. The Government is the 5 inch and the Commander is the 4 inch model (like the Champion).

I would personally call Springfield direct and see if they had a part that they could ship you or recommend. Out of all of the customer service departments I have dealt with, they are by far the best.

Top Bottom