• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Scott had a concealed-weapons permit for his .45-caliber pistol but not for the .380-caliber Ruger that medical personnel later found in his pocket, homicide Detective Barry Jensen testified.

You need a permit for every weapon in that police state?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

I think it's a "county rule" & not a state law based on this website:
    http://www.gonv.org/ccw.htm

Registration of Firearms
    Clark County (minus Boulder City) requires registration of handguns only. All other counties have no registration of any guns. For Clark County, the first handgun purchase includes a 72 hour "cooling off" period. A handgun registration card (commonly known as a "blue card" because of its light blued color) is issued for each registered handgun. You may register your handgun at any branch of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (bring it to them UNLOADED AND IN A SAFE MANNER). If you sell or give away the handgun, you are obligated to have the registration transferred into the name of the new owner. If you wish to purchase other handguns, your "cooling off" period is waived if you have your blue card present.

:dunno:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

For every gun you conceal carry, you must live fire qualify with it. The exception being a revolver, qualify with one and you are good with any.

That means if you want to qualify with a G17 you cannot carry a G19 until you also qualify with that.

Or you could just open carry and not have any of that B.S. to deal with.

Registration is only for the county that Las Vegas is in. I don't know what county Scott resided in.

As to the result, I could see the inquest come back with excusable, but justifiable?

Sounds like the 'jury' was made up people too stupid to get out of jury duty. :(

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I did find it of interest that his gun was still in its holster, according to the article. Sounds like he was trying to hand it to them, as ordered or put it down, when he was shot.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    picture.php
    [/quote]

So Officer Curly did you shoot the man in the back?

Soitenly, he wuz still movin!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I haven't had a chance to go through the other links yet (and I have to leave in 10 minutes), but I did read through Day 1 blog entries.

How in the world does a man get shot in the arse such that the bullet will travel upward through his body cavity, and stop in his thoracic area? The only position I can create in my mind is a man on his hands and knees, curled up in the fetal position, with his 6 o'clock pointing at the shooter.

Regardless of all the other circumstances and pieces of evidence, I find it hard to believe that there is any justification for *that* particular shot.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I haven't had a chance to go through the other links yet (and I have to leave in 10 minutes), but I did read through Day 1 blog entries.

How in the world does a man get shot in the arse such that the bullet will travel upward through his body cavity, and stop in his thoracic area? The only position I can create in my mind is a man on his hands and knees, curled up in the fetal position, with his 6 o'clock pointing at the shooter.

Regardless of all the other circumstances and pieces of evidence, I find it hard to believe that there is any justification for *that* particular shot.

Oh come now, read up on the magic bullet in the JFK shooting. Those bullets do amazing things at times.:draw:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

The guy was shot 2 times in the chest by the first LEO that confronted him. Statements at trail say that the guy did not fall down after the 2 shots and that seconds after those shots the 2 LEOs who were behind the guy shot as well. It was one of those shots that hit his butt. Statements from witnesses say that the guy was on the floor (going to the floor) when the 2 LEOs were shooting him.

Read the 2nd day blog entry for teh full details.
    Based on my reading it appears the guy was pulling out his holster to either hand to the 1st LEO or to drop it on the ground. In the process of doing that the 1st LEO shot him and then moments later the other 2 opened fired as well.

Only lesson I can say is
    1) Raise your arms in the air
    2) Drop anything you may have in your hands
    3) Stay standing until you hear otherwise and DON't MOVE!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Soitenly, he wuz still movin![/quote]

These captions are great, undoubtedly this guy had to take the usual physical fitness test to get hired but apparantly you only have to pass it the first time. Most that I have taken were not that challenging but if you can fall apart after getting hired what's the usefulness of the test to begin with? Maybe it works out there like some of our counties here where it's who you know and not about your qualifications.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

Soitenly, he wuz still movin!

These captions are great, undoubtedly this guy had to take the usual physical fitness test to get hired but apparantly you only have to pass it the first time. Most that I have taken were not that challenging but if you can fall apart after getting hired what's the usefulness of the test to begin with? Maybe it works out there like some of our counties here where it's who you know and not about your qualifications.[/quote]

It appears to me that he got the job done. One can't go by appearance alone. Besides that guy don't look that fat to me, just cheeky.

As for shooting someone in the back,deadly force is deadly force. It doesn't matter where or how many times they are shot. Do your research.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    . One can't go by appearance alone. Besides that guy looks don't look that fat to me, just cheeky.

Who are you trying to make feel good? That guy is a moose!
    Now he may run the 100 yd dash in 4 flat but "NOT FAT" he ain't.

He may be the nicest guy in the world and a good cop BUT he needs a personal trainer and some lessons in pushing back from the table. As a cop he's supposed to be a good example to our youth and being a lard*** ISN'T CUTTING IT.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    video

shame there is no video of this incident. Cops have a tough job and a right to protect themselves too. Wisdom of Solomon at a seconds notice can be hard to come by, I expect.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Who are you trying to make feel good? That guy is a moose!
    Now he may run the 100 yd dash in 4 flat but "NOT FAT" he ain't.

He may be the nicest guy in the world and a good cop BUT he needs a personal trainer and some lessons in pushing back from the table. As a cop he's supposed to be a good example to our youth and being a lard*** ISN'T CUTTING IT.

Sorry you don't approve. But it changes nothing.:twocents:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Here's a different look at it. No-one's answered my question of why you shoot when the guys gun was still in the holster.

ERIK SCOTT INQUEST: Shooting ruled justifiable - News - ReviewJournal.com

Perhaps the first LEO was so focused on man with gun, man is a former military person, man has not yet responded to my commands, man is turning around and weapon is in hand, LEO is so focused on gun that the mind/eye fail to register that gun is in holster still. LEO fires and that is the end of it.

What I don't like is the other 2 LEOs fire AFTER a delay and while the man is going down.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Top Bottom