www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    awesome twitter banter...

Julieborowski: Chris Christie is not a fan of the 4th amendment.
    Larrythecableguy: or fruit!

:laugh:

Who knew that Larry the Cable Guy is a Libertarian?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Kasich confirmed my suspicions: he is only there to publicize himself for re-election as Ohio Governor. What a waste of air.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I think Carson is the dark horse. He will lay low until the end. Fiorina could be moving up. The career politicians pretty well proved it tonight.

Trump is a side show but I like that he's calling issues into the headlines. There is no real reason for him to run other than ego. Or, if you are a conspiracy theorist, be is a Clinton plant hoping to divide the Republican voter base.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    MOST are attention whores. Why are you surprised?

What's mildly amusing is that this particular attention whore apparently has no aspirations beyond the borders of his own state. In fact, if the debate had been held somewhere other than Ohio, I doubt he'd even be running.

And I think it's apparent Trump is Toast. Out of his league. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but as a politicker, he's a buffoon with no grasp of issues, and had little business being there, other than comic entertainment.

My jaw double-dropped on the one exchange, where the moderator asked him about donating money to Hillary, and he said, "I got stuff in return for that" (jaw drops halfway), then she asked him, "Ok, what did you receive in return for that donation?" And Trump sez, "Ub...dubbb...SHE CAME TO MY WEDDING!" (jaw drops rest of way). I kept waiting for her to ask, "Uhhh, okayyy...so you PAID Hillary Clinton to attend your wedding? What, was she spinning records at the DJ table, or dishing out caviar, performing Lewinskys under the table, or...something? That doesn't sound like you scored a very good deal there, Mr. Trump."

What an oaf! I love it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    About what I'd expect: As long as we do it in the name of safety, it's OK. :rolleyes:

Sen. Paul: Remember, the camera is always watching. Smirks, even though you got a pretty good zinger in there, are often looked upon as childish.

[video=youtube;Cu4DC5JnF5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu4DC5JnF5k[/video]

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I don't think the moderators (especially Megan Kelly) were fair to Trump. There was a lot of antagonistic tone toward him I didn't see directed toward other candidates. They are trying to cast him in a bad light and distract us from the possibility.. that for once maybe the best politician isn't a politician. I was convinced he was a distraction and sideshow myself initially. But the time has long passed for us to cast aside the political correctness BS plaguing our society and elect someone with balls that will just say things for what they are. Even if it offends some.. hell even if it offends everyone. Sometimes the truth is ugly.

EDIT: and Chris Christie is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He is attempting to appeal to the conservative voter. He is not conservative. He is the governor for one of the most liberal states in our nation. His stance on the Patriot Act troubles me. I don't trust he would be a good defender of the 2nd amendment. He is the last person of the group I would want to see as president. He would be almost as bad as Hillary in my opinion.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't think the moderators (especially Megan Kelly) were fair to Trump. There was a lot of antagonistic tone toward him I didn't see directed toward other candidates. They are trying to cast him in a bad light and distract us from the possibility.. that for once maybe the best politician isn't a politician. I was convinced he was a distraction and sideshow myself initially. But the time has long passed for us to cast aside the political correctness BS plaguing our society and elect someone with balls that will just say things for what they are. Even if it offends some.. hell even if it offends everyone. Sometimes the truth is ugly.

EDIT: and Chris Christie is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He is attempting to appeal to the conservative voter. He is not conservative. He is the governor for one of the most liberal states in our nation. His stance on the Patriot Act troubles me. I don't trust he would be a good defender of the 2nd amendment. He is the last person of the group I would want to see as president. He would be almost as bad as Hillary in my opinion.

:+1: all the way around!

As for Christie, my favorite concise description is that he is Hillary Clinton in drag.

(Just for comic relief, I am not really wide awake yet and my typing is suffering, along with an apparent revelatory slip of the fingers in which 'Clinton' came out closer to 'Klingon' than the correct spelling.)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The Debate....Great entertainment, self serving publicity for politics.
    It reminds me of the Miss America Pageant. "I want world peace" stuff. Everyone is on Trump's issues.
    I see Trump as a greedy, screw anyone, business man, wannabe politician. He scares the crap out of me. He admitted to buying favors from both parties and plays the system. Legal? Yep, Moral? Hardly.
    He is bringing up some tender subjects to the attention of people. It will cost him votes from the immigrants. Maybe more than talking about these subjects will win him votes.
    There's a very good possibility Trump could be working for the Clintons. Split the Repubs so Clinton and her evil, dishonest ways can be elected.This is an extremely important election so finding the right person to lead the country and making sure the real evils are discovered and made known.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    About what I'd expect: As long as we do it in the name of safety, it's OK. :rolleyes:

Sen. Paul: Remember, the camera is always watching. Smirks, even though you got a pretty good zinger in there, are often looked upon as childish.

William Pitt once said that necessity is the argument of tyrants and the creed of slaves. Lardball is proving his point quite nicely.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Ted Cruz was my guy before the debate and he's even more my guy after.
    He very much seemed like the adult in the room and came across as "Presidential" IMHO.

I like Rand too, but needs to be careful not to let the others get under his skin, even if he's right.
    It's understandable when Christie is up there basically talking about trading away liberty for security and Rand is trying to educate him.

Ben Carson was great and I loved his closing remarks.
    He's the dark horse and with a little more work, he is poised to crush 75% of the field and so can Cruz.

Huckabee did a lot better that I thought he would.
    I'm not a big fan of his, but if he can get the Fairtax done, I would definitely vote for him.
    I also like Ben Carson's 10% tax plan too but the Fairtax seems like a more "American" solution.

Jeb Bush seemed like a joke to me.
    He was clearly nervous, stuttered, and did not look Presidential at all.
    We don't need another Bush and we definitely don't need another Clinton!
    "No more Bushs, no more Clintons"... that's my 2016 bumper sticker

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Carson: He's certainly not a gun guy. He's not an advocate. What he originally said is what the average Joe says who's never had guns as a part of his life, or looked more deeply into the issue than what he's seen on TV. What he says now, is what advisers have told him his position needs to be, to be a Republican nominee.

I think if he were president he would not go after guns. However, if another Sandy Hook level of event happened, I'm not convinced that he would not cave to the certain massive public mob-shaming campaign that every gun hater would certainly wage.

I like Ben Carson. I've know of him and read some of his books years before he gave the prayer breakfast speech that catapulted him onto the national stage. I think he's probably the most honest and descent, and nicest person running on both sides. He is best *person* in the field, but he's not the best candidate running for President. I think he has a naive view of many issues, especially foreign policy, and I don't see him being a steadfast advocate for gun owners.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I'm no fan of Cruz, but he was the only one to come close to answering the question about the Iranian traveling to Moscow. But close isn't enough. I want to hear specifics that directly answer the question posed, no more, no less, and I didn't get that from the candidates.

If it's a yes or no question, start your answer with one of those two words. Christie did that with the question of NSA surveillance, and while I disagree with him, at least he answered the question asked instead of going off on his own.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I'm no fan of Cruz, but he was the only one to come close to answering the question about the Iranian traveling to Moscow. But close isn't enough. I want to hear specifics that directly answer the question posed, no more, no less, and I didn't get that from the candidates.

If it's a yes or no question, start your answer with one of those two words. Christie did that with the question of NSA surveillance, and while I disagree with him, at least he answered the question asked instead of going off on his own.

I know what you mean.
    It's a little early in the race for any of them to give specific exact answers about anything.
    The news and the left will grab on to any specific exact positions (right or wrong) and find any argument or position they can to alienate & marginalize that candidate.
    It's sad that they can't come out and give us the exact answers we deserve, but they have to play the game if they want to make it to the nomination.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    After listening to both debates yesterday, I think there are a number of candidates that I feel I could vote for and feel good about it.
    I also feel that by the time the press is done spinning and butchering them, and the primaries finally come to Indiana, it will all be a moot point.
    My biggest fear is that good, qualified people will be flushed down the toilet for the sake of popularity or "electability".
    And once again, I will be stuck compromizing my morals for the least of two evils.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    After listening to both debates yesterday, I think there are a number of candidates that I feel I could vote for and feel good about it.
    I also feel that by the time the press is done spinning and butchering them, and the primaries finally come to Indiana, it will all be a moot point.
    My biggest fear is that good, qualified people will be flushed down the toilet for the sake of popularity or "electability".
    And once again, I will be stuck compromizing my morals for the least of two evils.

I was trying to come up with a post for this thread and you just did it for me...Thanks...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Trump called Megyn Kelly a bimbo after the debate. Didn't have the balls to say it to her face, though.

Donald Trump vs. Fox News - Aug. 7, 2015

I'm a FNC fan, it's the only game in town IMHO. That said, this debate and all the lead up to it has been about FOX and the moderators rather than vetting/weeding the debate candidates. They had Trump in their sights with the gotcha questioning. There are lots of ways to do the same questioning without making it so much about the one asking.

I personally don't think Trump will hold together long enough to get the nomination. His undoing needs to be on his lack of understanding of the job of president and his overconfidence of his ability to do it. It does NOT need to be about PC BS with the flames fanned by a news organization that a lot of us support with our viewership. :twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom