• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had an INGO member come over to the house and show this idiot about cleaning guns.
    I forgot to ask him if it was OK to mention his handle/moniker, so I won't (he can chime in if he wants), but it's all history now.
    I had the pizza and beverage ready and an 8' table in the garage set up.
    He had a plethora of gun cleaning paraphernalia, quite impressive for a guy like me with a half-dozen items he bought 30 years ago and never used. :laugh:
    After looking at and prioritizing my guns we worked on my S/W 64-8 38 special, SS 4" and the S/W 45, to learn how to work on a semi-auto, and my Ruger GP100 22, which, being stainless steel shows every bullet stain very shot (dirty little secret about SS, apparently).
    We tried to work on my Sig Sauer 1911-22, but couldn't get it apart, which I'll start a thread about later to get some input.
    We had a great time talking about everything guns since he knows 1000 things and I know 12. :lmfao:
    The hilarious part is, since he works on electrical things at work, I had him fix my garage door opener on the garage wall which was loose and pulling away from the wall (I couldn't get it off the wall and was afraid of breaking it trying to do so :dunno:). A few minutes later: done.
    Since the garage door opener was next to a bad switch for the garage lights: he replaced it.
    I fact, the 800 yr. old circular, hanging on the outside of the wall, got replaced with a normal switch connected to a normal electrical box in the wall (after he cut a hole in the drywall to put in a box he happened to have in his SUV). My lucky day!
    Yes, that will score points with the wife as well, since now we can have a normal light switch in the garage like normal people.
    Truly, a good day, my wife will love me more now, a good way to start my 2-week vacation!
    It is truly wonderful to meet nice people and being on the receiving end of a good turn.
    He had planned to stay an hour or two, but it turned out to be 4.
    We both get up at 5 for work, and I was getting weary, but I would have stayed in the garage another 4 hours if I could have gotten him to redo all the bad garage wiring in my old house. :dunno:
    I really do have to get a certified electrician to redo all the wiring in the garage before I sell the house; the previous owner did it himself: :wallbash:.
    Functional, but not up to today's code so I'll get "dinged" in a home inspection when I sell the house.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It was Shawn: 223 gunner. He was the kind soul who helped me out!!!!:rockwoot:
    I was pming him about what I'd found out that I'll put in a thread.

Top Bottom