• ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    The blood was convincing... my wife was also up and armed in the bedroom just in case something went sideways. Her phone is on her nightstand and 9mm close by. We have several strategically placed firearms to be prepared for any scenario. If he hadn’t been visibly injured the door wouldn’t have been opened. Having him go to the back porch was also preplanned to add separation between him and the wife to add some reaction time if needed.

i just wish he had been more responsible and came back to clean up the mess. I cleaned up pieces of his truck all over my front yard and drainage ditch... including the Optima batteries. I think I will wait a bit longer for some better weather before replacing the mailbox...again.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Well, if he wiped out his truck he probably doesn't have a ride to come back and clean stuff up.
    And/or................he's banged up enough to not exactly be mobile for a day or so.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Couple years ago, phone rings at 1:30 am. I answer, caller claims they are ADT Security and our alarm is going off and they need my password. I can't convince them the alarm isn't sounding. They continue asking for password, and threaten to send police. I say send the cops, I'll deal with them, hang up and go back to sleep. 15 minutes later, the doorbell rings. Cops are outside, standing well away from the door with a flashlight shining on themselves. I lay my Sig on the table and we converse. They ask to check the house, I'm ok with that, they do a quick check and leave.

Turns out the ADT upgrade we had got a couple weeks earlier and the new digital format didn't like our old analog phone system. ADT runs an occasional scan and when their signal got no response, they viewed it as an incursion. Life in the big city......

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Agree that early AM visits or phone calls can jar you a bit. Also agree that answering with a firearm is the SOP for rural living.

Honestly never knocked on a door, answering a PD call without leaving the red/blue lightbar running, unless it was a "shots fired" and serious life in jeopardy deal. Farmers around here do shoot first, ask questions later. Don't blame them at all.

Finding wrecked vehicles in ditches, fields, yards happens. Found one in a creek, submerged up to the top. Probed with my PR24 while tow guy drug out of water. Empty no occupants. Thank goodness.

Was good thinking keeping Mrs. on reserve, armed, and with cell and flashlight. I like it. The doorbell camera and video also keeps Porch Pirates at bay. Good investment.

Offering to notify someone sound solid to me too. The girl phone grab, and warm your car up deal can leave you without them. Takes 10 minutes to deice after a storm. Your car will be history, unless the ignition disables past 25 ft. Maybe?
    Good luck.

Top Bottom