• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Our 25th anniversary is this month, and we kinda want to get away for a couple of days. First thought was Brown County, but haven't made any reservations. I know that makes it more difficult, but being thru the week, we might have a shot. We also like Lake MI, but it may not be a good time to go there. Any ideas? Neither of us is into crowds and fancy stuff. A nice secluded cabin with a hot tub sounds good. Hiking, biking, shooting all sound good. Fishing...maybe- but i notice most of the cabins with fishing access are catch and release only.
    Thanks

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    This is our favorite place to stay in Brown County.
    Brown County Cabins, Hilltop Suites near Bean Blossom Overlook in Brown County Indiana :: Hilltop Cabin & Suites

You can see what dates are available by clicking on the Check Availability link in the column on the left. We have stayed in Treetop Retreat, Whippoorwill, Tranquility Lodge, and Grandma Barne's Cabin (Grandma Barne's Cabin is secluded and pet-friendly).

We just got back yesterday from a few days down there. We stayed in Stephens Creek Cabin. It was nice but a little far from Nashville.

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    I guess I should have said the the Treetop retreat is our favorite. The view is magnificent and there's a whirlpool tub. Whippoorwill is smaller, Tranquility Lodge is larger. Grandma Barne's Cabin doesn't have a hot tub. Stephens Creek Cabin had an outdoor hot tub on the back deck that was very nice. Had a view of the pond. It was VERY clean.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This is our favorite place to stay in Brown County.
    Brown County Cabins, Hilltop Suites near Bean Blossom Overlook in Brown County Indiana :: Hilltop Cabin & Suites

You can see what dates are available by clicking on the Check Availability link in the column on the left. We have stayed in Treetop Retreat, Whippoorwill, Tranquility Lodge, and Grandma Barne's Cabin (Grandma Barne's Cabin is secluded and pet-friendly).

We just got back yesterday from a few days down there. We stayed in Stephens Creek Cabin. It was nice but a little far from Nashville.

Yes, romantic is nice and all, but can we shoot there?!:ar15::ar15:

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Reservations made for Brown Country. Supposed to be a secluded cabin- hope so! We need a good peaceful relaxing time. hopefully no work calls. i wanna sit in the hot tub under the stars and sip some wine or a beer! :)

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    Reservations made for Brown Country. Supposed to be a secluded cabin- hope so! We need a good peaceful relaxing time. hopefully no work calls. i wanna sit in the hot tub under the stars and sip some wine or a beer! :)

Hope you have a good time down here. Bring lots of those tourism dollars with you. It's the only thing that keeps this county going.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Hope you have a good time down here. Bring lots of those tourism dollars with you. It's the only thing that keeps this county going.
    Well, i don't have plenty of dollars, but i'll do my best! I'm sure we'll spend some $ on food and drink, haven't been there in awhile. Where's a good place to shoot thru the week? We might do that, and will probably bring mountain bikes too, but nothing hard-core. Getting too old to risk too many crashes!

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    There aren't any public places to shoot in Nashville, but Atterbury Shooting Complex isn't too far north and it's somewhat close to the Interstate. I know the state park has mountain biking trails but I couldn't tell you anything about them, I only ride bikes that propel themselves.

Top Bottom