• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TN_Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    The backside of nowhere
    I opened the mailbox Thursday morning and what did I see? 2 envelopes that were from the Indiana State Police! One with my name on it and one with my wife's.

I hurried inside and opened mine expecting to have my little paper permit but was surprised to find that it was actually a letter telling me that my application couldn't be approved because all the proper forms had not been submitted! Same thing with my wife's!

Turns out that the helpful and nice lady who works in the town clerks office neglected to send in everything. So we had to fill in the form that she forgot (it was included in the packet from the ISP) and send them back in. According to the person I spoke to at the Firearms Section of the ISP, it should only add a month or so to the wait time for the permits to be issued!:xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:

This is not helping me like this state any more........

And to make things just that much more of a poke in the side, I just found out that Morgan county (where we live) can now do the online permit application list. It was not on there when we started our process of getting them back in January. :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I dont think anything will help you like Indiana. Every state is different, there is good and stupid things they all do. Im glad there not all universal thats why I want the feds out of states rights.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    I opened the mailbox Thursday morning and what did I see? 2 envelopes that were from the Indiana State Police! One with my name on it and one with my wife's.

I hurried inside and opened mine expecting to have my little paper permit but was surprised to find that it was actually a letter telling me that my application couldn't be approved because all the proper forms had not been submitted! Same thing with my wife's!

Turns out that the helpful and nice lady who works in the town clerks office neglected to send in everything. So we had to fill in the form that she forgot (it was included in the packet from the ISP) and send them back in. According to the person I spoke to at the Firearms Section of the ISP, it should only add a month or so to the wait time for the permits to be issued!:xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:

This is not helping me like this state any more........

And to make things just that much more of a poke in the side, I just found out that Morgan county (where we live) can now do the online permit application list. It was not on there when we started our process of getting them back in January. :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:
    i forgot to mail in my actual app. in when i did mine 2 years ago from the time i got the letter to the time i got my ltch in the mail was just a hair over a week.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    That's ok, I used a credit card for my Utah permit, it came back as denied... because my credit card expired the month I sent the form in...

3 weeks after I sent it back the checks been cashed so it's been processed.

The only thing I wonder about... they stapled my picture in the middle of my face, I wonder if that will show on the permit

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I do not like Florida. Aside from the black socks and sandals, golf carts, oversized sunglasses and eating at 4PM, my Florida license was denied the first time because Florida did not recognize my city's police department as a law enforcement agency.:D

Please tell us what forms were not sent in by the "town clerk" and why is the town clerk sending these in?:dunno:

Necessary Evil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    revance is right. I'm having a hard time liking Indiana too and I've been here 18 years, but the permit application process is simpler, and I'm lucky enough to live in Lawrence instead of Indianapolis, so the trip to the police department was a lot simpler and quicker

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Be glad you don't live in St John. Everyone I know who has applied for an LTCH here has had to go multiple times to apply because the woman who does the application apparently just works when she feels like it. I think(know) the town is run by idiots and they just do that to delay people.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Turns out that the helpful and nice lady who works in the town clerks office neglected to send in everything. So we had to fill in the form that she forgot (it was included in the packet from the ISP) and send them back in. According to the person I spoke to at the Firearms Section of the ISP, it should only add a month or so to the wait time for the permits to be issued!

Why was she sending anything in? Why were you dealing with the town clerk? Everywhere I have lived in Indiana I have only had to talk to the Police or Sheriff. They would give me the application and fingerprint card and I had to mail them, with the MO, to the ISP. In 30 years of having a LTCH in Indiana I have never heard of anyone not mailing the app themselves. Is some sort of local tradition?

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    My wife and I got ours through the Martinsville Police Office and it went pretty smooth. The detective told both of us that he wished there were more armed citizens in the area. (I know! It surprised me too. Heck, I thought everybody carried here in Martinstucky, HA!) Really nice guy too. 6 weeks later we received our LTCH without a hitch.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Be glad you don't live in St John. Everyone I know who has applied for an LTCH here has had to go multiple times to apply because the woman who does the application apparently just works when she feels like it. I think(know) the town is run by idiots and they just do that to delay people.

I moved to St. John from IL last summer. When I applied at the Police Station, the lady was professional and friendly. My lifetime permit arrived 6 days later.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    revance is right. I'm having a hard time liking Indiana too and I've been here 18 years, but the permit application process is simpler, and I'm lucky enough to live in Lawrence instead of Indianapolis, so the trip to the police department was a lot simpler and quicker

Simple, quick and full of dickage. The ugly broad at the desk and the lard-arsed cop that took my prints acted like I had ruined their day by asking them to do their damn job.

I guess I should have been glad they actually bothered to DO their jobs, huh?

Top Bottom