• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PimpStick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2012
    Greenwood
    Sometimes we (or at least I am) are harsh on Law Enforcement. In the last couple years I have had 2 good experiences with officers regarding being armed.

Bargersville-About 2 years ago, at about 3:00 a.m., I awake to pounding on my front door. My wife was in Evansville on business meetings so I was already a bit "out of the norm" for a weekday.

Anyway, I grab my P229 and tactfully crack the door and see 2 BPD cruisers, 2 Johnson Co. Sheriff's cruiser and 1 ISP Trooper cruiser. With P229 still in hand but pointed at the ground (not really thinking) I open my door and say, "yes officer" as I place my 229 on the floor behind the door, then step out the screen door. The BPD officer stated that they received a call from ADT that my alarm was going off. I was shirtless and obviously had been sleeping and startled by the knocking.

I informed the officers that my alarm had not sounded and offered to call ADT. He asked who all was home and I said "just my dog and me." He was extremely polite and said they just wanted to make sure everything was okay. I thanked all of them and the BPD officer said he appreciated that I placed my firearm on the ground, and it's nice to know law abiding citizens can protect themselves until officers arrive.

Never heard another peep about the call. I suspect ADT gave the wrong address.

I had been to the range on Sunday and had to travel to New Albany on Monday for business. I get pulled over just inside Clark Co. on I-65. Since I had so many weapons in my car (AK-47, M4A3, 8 pistols) I gave the ISP Trooper my carry permit with my license. He asks if I have any weapons in the vehicle and I say well, probably about 15 because I was just at the Atterbury Range. He chuckled and said, "Okay, just leave them where they are and thanks for letting me know." He was very polite...but still gave me a ticket for 67 in a 55.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Sky-Since you are in Cicero, do you know if Wyatt's ever got their FFL renewed? I bought my first handgun from Miles...

Ah...Then you remember him from the "garage" days. Short answer is NO.

Longer answer is: Nobody really knows definitively
    why his license never renewed, even after he retained attorneys. And then all the area FFL's that he was selling guns through, got audited. And then, his son had his FFL revoked.

All the meanwhile, Miles keeps deciding that he has to have the biggest, baddest, most technologically sophisticated gun range in history. I won't bore you with the details, but they kept adding delay after delay after delay.

So Miles, coming from a very successful garage location, winds up 4 years later in a new facility, with no FFL, very limited inventory, and a partially completed gun range that generates no revenue. What a way to run a gun shop, eh? (Hell, even Don's, as unsophisticated as his range is.... it generates MONEY.) :rolleyes:

$1.2 million later, the bank pulls the plug. Seizes his facility, his guns, his house. End of Miles. A very, sad, sad story.

Now the facility (which really was state of the art) is being gutted. The local grocery shop is gonna move there sometime in June.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I know someone that tends to skeet shoot out of the back of his pick-up said he got pulled over and the. Op walked up and did a double take when he saw a layer of shells a few inches deep in the bed along with brass and guns and gun cases all. Whe. He went to get his registration out of the glovebox a pistol was in it, officer eyeballed his Id and all the ammo and guns and said have a nice day and quickly left. Guy I know offered to get the guns out for him to run them all and the officer politely declined.

Made me think of the movie "the town" we're the old cop pulled up on the bank robbers with some serious fire power and he just looks away and keeps on driving....

Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's great to hear that you've had some good interactions with LEOs with respect to your firearms, not so good though that ADT may have given out the wrong address... That is alarming (pun intended :p)

Top Bottom