• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drymartini

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I wanted a fresh, not smoked ham for Christmas. It seemed simple enough. First goofy butcher in Carmel "ordered" the ham & told me it would be in the following week. When I walked in to pick it up the deer in the headlights look he gave me told the story. He didn't order the damn thing, he "forgot". Well, shucks mistakes happen, but I left pissed off & will never do business there again. Goofy butcher #2 is in Schererville, in Lake county. He also "ordered" the ham & told me to pick it up the following week. I called to make sure it was there. The dumbass ordered a fresh, not smoked turkey instead of a ham. Since I'm having a crowd for the holidays, I'm thinking of an alternate plan. I called Claus' on the southeast side of Indy-he has one, but now I'm up in Lake county. Son lives on the north side & picked it up, no problem. Claus' gets my vote for being dependable with high quality meats.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I think I would have just gone with a fresh loin at that point if it had to be fresh pork. Kudos for persistence.

drymartini

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Oh Man...fall of the bone tender. Well worth the windshield time. It's like the best pork roast ever. Great change of pace.

Top Bottom