• nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I carry two quite often. :dunno:

Should I carry two permits at said time? :popcorn:
    Yeah, you have to have 2 conceal carry permits in order to carry 2 guns. You'd better get that second permit soon. My buddy knows someone in government who says the lifetime CCW permit is going away soon.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I like having a BUG accessable to my "weak" hand. I think it is just as likely that you will be unable to access your primary as it is that your primary will fail for some reason.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I like having a BUG accessable to my "weak" hand. I think it is just as likely that you will be unable to access your primary as it is that your primary will fail for some reason.
    Sounds good in theory, but I am so un-abled with my weak hand that I'm not sure it's worth making sure I have access to it. By the time I could finnagle the hands and fingers to do what I wanted, it'd probably be too late anyway.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Sounds good in theory, but I am so un-abled with my weak hand that I'm not sure it's worth making sure I have access to it. By the time I could finnagle the hands and fingers to do what I wanted, it'd probably be too late anyway.
    I have to agree! My left arm really does nothing else but add symmetry to my body. I need to train weak side, but Ill need a lot of time for that!
    My second carry gun is an LCP which I pretty much always have on me at least. When I carry 2, its still not too bulky or uncomfortable.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Couple questions...

1. What type of gun do you carry for "back-up"? (i.e. single stack subcompact? double stack compact? full-size even?)
    2. What position do you carry your back-up in relation to your primary EDC?

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    When I am "Fully Dressed" I carry two. My 1911 EDC and a backup in my back "Give me your Wallet" pocket. I think of the second gun as less than a backup and more of a surprise option in case of an armed robbery.

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    I carry 2 on duty but usually only 1 off duty but with an extra mag or speed strip. Sometimes when I travel to Florida I will carry a second gun in the car just in case

Rexmage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2013
    Marshall Co
    If I have a bag/pack with me I normally keep a second firearm in that. Someone else said it. One is none and two is one. I've never known anyone who needed to ATM a friend or anything like that but a little CC piece doesn't add too much weight, so it's easily justified. It falls for me under the same reasoning for a car gun. If rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Couple questions...

2. What position do you carry your back-up in relation to your primary EDC?

There was a poll on this in the past. Pocket seems to be the most popular, followed by strong side and ankle. I would guess the strong side BUG carriers are carrying their primary in another position, like appendix, as I know some folks do that, but it's just an inference on my part.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/239754-concealed-carry-method-poll-bugs.html

Top Bottom