• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many of you are willing to take a seat and do business in public restrooms.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Who says you gotta set down on the seat to take a dump... If your thigh muscles are strong enough, just hover.......................

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    Last edited:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I've Found the restrooms at Gander Mountain and Best Buys have some of the cleanest crappers. Butt, as said before, when you gotta go, you gotta go.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    o come on this thread is asking for it.

Fine, I got moved to drive the night shift. One week days, the next nights. My body had a hard time adjusting. Everything was messed up. I was driving west on highway 50 just west of Brownstown. Felt a small rumble in my gut and it kept getting bigger and bigger. There is a little gas station at the corner of 50 and 446. They actually have a place to park trucks. Problem was they were closed. I had no TP in the truck. I raced north to bloomington as fast as I could. Doing the whole leaning to one side to hold everything together. I take a left into bloomington and the only place open that time of night was the speedway across from K-Mart? So I parked in the K-mart parking lot and had to do the mad dash to the gas station. Needless to say the gas station was very busy at the one time that I needed to "feel" better. I felt sorry for the guy who went into that bathroom after me. Definitely not one of my finer moments.

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I don't really care for public restrooms but I have no problem using them. I have more of a problem with flushing the toilet, I will not use my bare hand for that.:):

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Funny you should create this poll this evening. I just got home from my part time job during which I stopped at the Hardee's at SR37/Thompson Rd here on the south side of Indy. I go in to take a leak and wash my hands before ordering and there is an obese, dirty looking goof washing a pair of underwear in the sink. I tried to ignore him, did my business and went out to order.

As I'm waiting to place my order he comes out and drops the recently washed drawers on the counter. He then proceeds to ask the girl working the register if the life sized cutout of the Turkish beauty queen they have in there (same one from their commercials) was really from Turkey because they were going predominantly Muslim. As if the girl was given a briefing from corporate about their current advertising campaign. She looked at me and her eyes said "please kill me".

I placed my order and as I took my bag of (poor quality) food and turned to walk out I see his drawers are now draped across the back of a chair in the seating area.

I knew there was a reason I typically avoid the restaurants near the truck stops down there, now I remember why.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I have worked in the plumbing trade for 14 years.
    I have had crap just about everywhere on me.
    If crap can kill ya, then I'm immortal.:dunno:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Usually doesn't bother me unless its really nasty... Work construction out in the middle of nowhere and you get used to going in cornfields, woods.. Just remember your stance or you'll have a surprise when you pull up your pants

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Anytime
    Anywhere

This

I generally have zero issues with it, provided I can stand to be in the bathroom in the first place. And the door/s lock.

Otherwise, it's not like there's anything to be afraid of from sitting on the seat. Sounds like many folks might want to educate themselves about germ/disease transmission & vectors & whatnot.

-J-

And this also. I'm not opposed to using almost any bathroom. When ya gotta go, ya gotta GO :rockwoot:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Fine, I got moved to drive the night shift. One week days, the next nights. My body had a hard time adjusting. Everything was messed up. I was driving west on highway 50 just west of Brownstown. Felt a small rumble in my gut and it kept getting bigger and bigger. There is a little gas station at the corner of 50 and 446. They actually have a place to park trucks. Problem was they were closed. I had no TP in the truck. I raced north to bloomington as fast as I could. Doing the whole leaning to one side to hold everything together. I take a left into bloomington and the only place open that time of night was the speedway across from K-Mart? So I parked in the K-mart parking lot and had to do the mad dash to the gas station. Needless to say the gas station was very busy at the one time that I needed to "feel" better. I felt sorry for the guy who went into that bathroom after me. Definitely not one of my finer moments.

Holy Cow, that's a long way from the Farmer's Market to the Speedway in Bloomington. You have some good clench muscles. :D

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Who says you gotta set down on the seat to take a dump... If your thigh muscles are strong enough, just hover.......................

Public restrooms would be much less disgusting if people like you stayed out of them. Wipe the seat down and take a dump. It won't kill you.

I'll pee in sinks, trash cans, outside many times (including while "camping" at the Kings Royal 20 feet from another camper), no problem using port-a-pottys, gas station bathrooms (even the nastiest). I've taken dumps in a handful of strip clubs.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    A coffee can makes a great place to keep a roll of TP in your vehicle. I've pulled off on many a side road and leaned against a tree, to avoid having to conduct business in some bathrooms that look like the toilet exploded. On one occasion, while caught short in the woods during deer season, I used my buddy's huntin' bucket. :D

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've been known to pinch a loaf in my drawers a few times (on purpose) and I usually throw it at passing cars. I like to mush it around a bit before throwing it though.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    I've been known to pinch a loaf in my drawers a few times (on purpose) and I usually throw it at passing cars. I like to mush it around a bit before throwing it though.

Now I know who's responsible for that crap :D

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Now I know who's responsible for that crap :D

The family I grew up with, I wanted to be just like them. We're a pretty close troop. Here are a few of us.

cdfc.jpg

Top Bottom