• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chtheo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Did some 2 man team movement drills today with my training partner Josh Ward. This is one we got on camera. Moving from point A to point B while providing cover.

Any feedback from the experts of INGO would be appreciated.

Thanks guys...

http://youtu.be/tizVfkdpo5E

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Depends on what you want to work on but;

Recommendations: use of more simulated cover, movement communication, incorporate shooting drills rather than just single sporadic rounds, shoot on the move/ covering fire during movement

chtheo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Thanks Kidd,

We were communicating during movement, just not verbally.

Good call with incorporating shooting drills. We do need more cover, but you don't always have it.

Thanks for the feedback. And Semper Fi brother

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Thats a good start. You are learning to move past each other in a safe manner while communicating. Not sure if it was you or Josh in the one instance that got caught out in the open needing to reload. You were receiving covering fire from your partner, and were already getting ready to move, so work on reloading while you move.

In the future you can use points of cover and fire from your partner to advance on your objective and orderly retreat from it. You will do more of this in the advanced rifle class, plus I plan on doing some team tactics stuff when we do the training group after the one coming up. (No date on that one yet.)

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Thats a good start. You are learning to move past each other in a safe manner while communicating. Not sure if it was you or Josh in the one instance that got caught out in the open needing to reload. You were receiving covering fire from your partner, and were already getting ready to move, so work on reloading while you move.

In the future you can use points of cover and fire from your partner to advance on your objective and orderly retreat from it. You will do more of this in the advanced rifle class, plus I plan on doing some team tactics stuff when we do the training group after the one coming up. (No date on that one yet.)

Great point !!! Thanks..... now I gotta go re-watch and see which one of us flubbed up.... ;)

chtheo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Thanks Michael,

That was me that got stuck out in the open re-loading. I should have been moving and re-loading! Thanks for pointing that out!! Its always a work in progress

BTW...I look forward to meeting you at Sandburr

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    You are crowding your cover, move back.

Move when you are changing mags, standing not firing = target.

Bound forward and back to retrieve downed man and apply TQ.

Keep up the good work.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    First off. Nice job. Good solid training and I am so glad you guys are out there working on team tactics and communication. Just made my day. Awesome.

Excellent job on your partner switching shoulders depending on his use of cover. Also how he heeded your request for coverfire when you had to reload. He stopped on a dime and got his gun in the fight.

Minor points: Don't hump your cover. Sometimes you did, sometimes you did not. I realize situations will dictate. Just be mindful.

If you pop out on the left side of cover then reload, don't pop back up in the same place, either change level or switch sides.

Work at not looking down at your gear and weapon when reloading. That combined with popping back out in the same place is what gets you killed in a fight. You should know where everything is and where it goes without looking, just like you do for sexy time with your woman. This allows you to keep your eyes towards the threat and or on a swivel.

When out in the open and reloading, move those feet. Don't stand still. You will get ventilated.

Good job guys. Keep at it!

chtheo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Guys, thanks for the solid feedback. Great stuff.

I'm ready to get back out so I can work on those issues!

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    In addition to what's been said, I think mag. retention is important (at least if you're reloading behind cover), and the rate of fire seemed slow for the distance to the 'threat' JMO.
    You might work in some tactical relevance, doing that drill either leapfroging forward--or retreating--from the targets.
    +1 for getting out in the cold to practice:yesway:

Top Bottom