• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Daughter and I took the three Tokarev's we bought for our family project to the range yesterday.

Are really good cleaning (especially the magazines) two of the, worked well. One was perfect, and another's sites were just a little off.

The third however was toast. Every magazine we tried at least 2 out of eight rounds we couldn't pull the trigger. It was like the magazine safety was tripped. Pulling the slide back to feed next round, usually took care of it. Twice, during the testing to hammer fell but the round didn't fire and there were no marks on the primer. Finally, the gun stopped working altogether. You could pull the trigger but if there was a magazine in the hammer would not fall.

I have never seen a handgun in such bad shape, and I'm stumped as to what could cause all this since the tokarev's are pretty simple designs.

Looks like I'm saving for a trip to the gunsmith now, but at least we had a ball with the two that were working.

James

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've got a Polish Tok, and it will sometimes balk (symptoms sound similar to yours) after I've cleaned it and reassembled it. Usually just takes a little wiggling here and there to get everything back into place. I've not had it malfunction while shooting (yet) though.

Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Actully, the malfunctioning one is a Polish variant too. The two that work are Romanian. we have taken it down as far as i'm comfortable with to clean. Hopefully a gunsmith will be able to fix it without need too many parts, as that seem to be hard to find.

Top Bottom