• ...and so much more!
  • Lacthaus

Baja Blaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I bought 3. I'll take one and do a test. Ill take a 2x4 screw sling Mounts in it and attach one of these sling. Then I'll add weights to it see what the braking point is.

I think it'd be interesting to see Chineseum slings vs surplus GI M16 type slings. Those are also a pretty cheap sling option.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well I finally got around to doing a test for these slings.

That's 81lbs of concrete and 5lb 2x4x40". Total weight 86lbs. Its been hanging for 13 minutes so far. Will update with more pictures after it hangs longer.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just went out took it down. It was hanging with 86lbs of total weight from 1425 until 2110 so 8 hours and 45 minutes approximately. Here are pictures of the brackets, clips and seams.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have 5 new ones unused the only thing I noticed if you look at the hooks there is wear from the excessive weight. Otherwise they are like the new one's. I can post pictures of a new sling tomorrow if you like. Zoom in on the top hook you will seethe slight wear on it.

Personally I'm totally satisfied with these slings. $2 sling holding 86lbs for almost 9 hours. It's good to go imo.

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I have 5 new ones unused the only thing I noticed if you look at the hooks there is wear from the excessive weight. Otherwise they are like the new one's. I can post pictures of a new sling tomorrow if you like. Zoom in on the top hook you will seethe slight wear on it.

Personally I'm totally satisfied with these slings. $2 sling holding 86lbs for almost 9 hours. It's good to go imo.

Might try to get Project Farm on youtube to do a best sling testing.

Top Bottom