+2 to the IMPD officers @ the scene this morn.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I got the dreaded 5am call from my panic'd daughter who said she'd been in a terrible accident last night on her way home from work. A head-on with a guy driving the wrong way in a huge pickup. The other guy was arrested and put in handcuffs. She escaped with minor injuries(knees & neck). Her vehicle was totaled, the front end collapsed to the wheel wells. She's lucky to be alive. She's gonna hurt when she wakes this morn.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    That would be me. The other driver made me as angry as I have been in in while. I was Ecstatic when the jail wagon got there. I'm happy your daughter is ok.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    I got the dreaded 5am call from my panic'd daughter who said she'd been in a terrible accident last night on her way home from work. A head-on with a guy driving the wrong way in a huge pickup. The other guy was arrested and put in handcuffs. She escaped with minor injuries(knees & neck). Her vehicle was totaled, the front end collapsed to the wheel wells. She's lucky to be alive. She's gonna hurt when she wakes this morn.

Did she go to the hospital to get checked out? Some injuries (like those to the head and neck) may not make themselves apparent until later on (sometimes as much as a day later). It's not cheap, but I think it's always necessary to get checked out.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.

I'm very glad your daughter is ok. I can only imagine how sore she is today...if she has access to one a little time in a warm Jacuzzi ought to help.

That would be me. The other driver made me as angry as I have been in in while. I was Ecstatic when the jail wagon got there. I'm happy your daughter is ok.

FindingZzeros' daughter was in good hands with you there. Glad you were able to restrain from throttling the moron.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Thanks for being there VUPDblue! I heard about your other collision call just earlier. Seems like a bad time to be on the road.

Did she go to the hospital to get checked out? Some injuries (like those to the head and neck) may not make themselves apparent until later on (sometimes as much as a day later). It's not cheap, but I think it's always necessary to get checked out.

Thanks for the concern! Ambulance came and said she could skip the ER, or be driven there later. We got her home, elevated her legs, ice packed her knee, hot packed her neck, made some tea. She was in mild shock (not according to the EMT). We gave her 2 concussion tests using light in the eyes. She passed them w/o a hiccup. She's up and about and has to pass a cognitive test with #'s which she just did. I wanted her to go to the ER last night, but she refused.

Thanks for everyone's good wishes!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Yeah I came from the other collision directly to hers. The outcome of hers was much better...

First thing that occurred to me when I read this was that you guys probably see more bad stuff in a month than most people see in their lifetimes. That would be one part of your job I that would take a lot of getting used to for me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    EckFrank
    Top Bottom