• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The burger thread piqued my interest in the place called Redemaks in Michigan. I mapquested it and it was about 100 mes so I had to figure out where else to ride to. 220 miles later, I'm sitting at the Dundee Cabelas eating on a wild boar sandwich which is pretty good.

I'll hang out here for awhile and rid the 200 miles to New Buffalo. The ride here was great other than the trucker who almost ran me off the road on 24 in Ohio.

fe77837e.jpg

b5b34eb4.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm sitting in Redemaks now waiting on my burger. I got a Swiss with onions and mushrooms. Will report back shortly.

I saw the oinks place but I'm sure I'll be too full for ice cream.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I think if I ever bought a motorcycle, this would be why. To me driving 220 miles round trip in my truck would be neither enjoyable or cheap. With a motorcycle one can make the decision to just up and ride out somewhere new without worrying about a huge outlay of gas money or boredom. I'm jealous...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Passed Shoops in Michigan City just a minute ago. I'll have to try it out next time I'm in town. My bowels are going to hate me this weekend.

972a0ed9.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think if I ever bought a motorcycle, this would be why. To me driving 220 miles round trip in my truck would be neither enjoyable or cheap. With a motorcycle one can make the decision to just up and ride out somewhere new without worrying about a huge outlay of gas money or boredom. I'm jealous...

220 miles was just the first leg. I'm at about mile 430 now with 120 to get home yet.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    That's a good ride.

Last year we rode up to Joe's Gizzard City in Pottersville, MI. One of my riding buddies had seen it on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. Um...this one qualified as a "Dive". It was pretty good though. We logged right at 500 miles that day. That was about my limit. Of course we stopped a couple of times to have cigar too.

Sounds like you had a great day.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I took off from near Lafayette. I don't know if the lab would like the sidecar ride or not. She's scared of steps and still isn't real keen on jumping into the truck. She's a year old and a total pansy.

Top Bottom