200,000 poor Indian farmers commit suicide in last 10 yrs; Fingers point to Monsanto

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If you don't know what Monsanto is, you need to do some reading. They will be (and already are) affecting & invading your life. They are a multi-national food giant that has an unholy alliance with the world governments to put a complete monopoly on the food supply. They have patents on many forms of life itself. They have pushed for laws that make it illegal for you to save seeds grown in your own garden from genetically-modified Monsanto plants. They were behind the Food Control bill that just passed the US Congress.

On to the news...

Monsanto's "Bt Cotton" plant, that is now widely grown in India, is destroying the soil it grows in and is contributing to the hard times India has been enduring in the face of droughts and poverty. It is reported that in the last decade, 200,000 farmers in India have taken their own lives after banking heavily on the success of Monsanto's promises that GMO cotton would bring 10x yield lower-costs and save them from poverty. But instead the genetically modified plants have brought destruction of the soil and massive poverty.

Monsanto connected to at least 200,000 suicides in India throughout past decade

Monsanto's Bt Cotton Kills the Soil as Well as Farmers

Bt cotton has failed admits Monsanto

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I also see that Monsanto (and some cases Genetically modified foods) killed the birds in the south as well...

Forgot to add: Thank you for bringing this to our attention, but also the wide diversity of info sources you gave. None of them are blogs! :) Very informative articles against this fraud company playing with the livlihood and even lives of billions.

Last edited:

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    meaning??? dont just make little comments and run off...
    I would take that to mean that Monsanto is touting themselves as producing something good for you when the reality is that it isn't. Like doctors at one time advocating smoking as not only being harmless but even healthy for you.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I like the tobacco companies. They make my smokes. Government likes tobacco companies more than anyone though.
    Government wants everyone to quit smoking but they don't want anyone to quit smoking. Too much money for them in taxes.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    I would take that to mean that Monsanto is touting themselves as producing something good for you when the reality is that it isn't. Like doctors at one time advocating smoking as not only being harmless but even healthy for you.

i took it to mean that its the latest poor helpless company for the liberals to beat up on...

it could be your way...

he just threw that little thing out and didnt explain...

Top Bottom