• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I made a rookie mistake last week by overloading 200 .38 Special rounds and seating the bullets before I recognized my mistake, so I pulled all the bullets to start fresh with the already primed brass.
    However, the bullets were lead, so I elected not to reseat them because the powder was stuck on them, the lube was a bit rubbed off, and the bullets were a bit distorted.
    The bullets are 125 grains each, so my math indicates just over 3.5 pounds total of alloyed lead.
    Here is the link to the bullets where I bought them (Graf's), which indicates a Brinell hardness of 12, suitable for cowboy action shooting - Graf & Sons - MISSOURI BULLET COMPANY CAST 38c (.358) 125gr RNFP 500/BX - Graf & Sons
    The bullets have some lube still adhering to them, and there's also some burned powder residue on them that I burned off to get rid of it from its having been contaminated, so you'll have just a bit of skimming to do in your lead pot, but it's still a far sight cleaner lead than range scrap with soil, sand, and other debris embedded in it.
    I don't know exactly what alloyed lead goes for, so I'll ask for $10, plus shipping, or the best offer if you think that's out of line.
    It's not very important, but I took photos of the bullets and the container I'll send them in, a reused Hodgdon powder canister.
    I'm aware that there are several INGOers who live quite close to me, so it may not even be necessary to have it shipped if you want to get it in person.

0924161617_zpsj5jnw0u1.jpg

0924161620_zps5wklgrs7.jpg

Top Bottom