WTS/WTT: 2001 Jeep Cherokee (West Lafayette)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    The Jeep is posted on Craigslist for $1,300, but I'll let it go for $1,100 for fellow INGO'ers.

2001 Jeep Cherokee (Pictures at the link, ad quoted below)

This posting is for our 2001 Jeep Cherokee. We bought this in 2009 with 160,000 miles on it. It now has 174,000ish miles. So about 3,500 miles per year. I only drove it back and forth to work, which was a very short trip. The interior looks GREAT and the exterior isn't too bad either. There is some rust, dents and dings, but that's to be expected for a 2001.

It has the 4.0L, inline 6 engine that these models are known for, 4WD, power windows/locks, roof rack, etc.. It is an automatic. It does have a spare tire.

The previous owner was the DNR, or so I was told when I bought it from the dealer. It's a good vehicle that has seen a lot of use, but it is definitely a fixer-upper.

Over the past year I've not had the time to try and figure out the main things going wrong with it. It started having a check engine code that said "Cylinder 5 misfire", so I put in new spark plugs, ignition coil, and a fuel pump in November 2012. However, the problem remains. The vehicle won't let you go above 3k RPMS, you have to let it shift at a lower RPM. It takes a few tries to start it some times, but I've never had it not start. The gas mileage is not great, probably about 8 miles to the gallon. The car even smells rich of gasoline while running. The muffler also rattles a ton because one of the bolts holding it up is gone. This could be fixed with a new bracket or a quick weld job.

I put new Yokohama Geolander HT/S tires on it in May 2012, so they've probably got 2,000ish miles on them. Basically new! (P235/75R15) They cost $450. I also put a new battery into it earlier this year (2013).

The passenger side window does not work. I was told when I purchased it that there was no motor in the door. All the other windows work just fine. The A/C isn't charged, and I believe that the last time I tried to charge it, the fan didn't kick on either.

There is a short in the driver side door that sometimes causes the speaker to not work. It should be an easy fix.

If you're looking for a good project vehicle or something to get you from point a to b, this will do the trick. If you're good with cars, or know someone who is, then it may be a great fit for you. I would keep it myself and try to fix it up, but my wife does not want it sitting in the driveway :)

Shoot me an email if you're interested.

$1,300 (negotiable) - priced it low with an honest assessment of it's condition. We're not looking to get rich off of this, but we don't want to give it away either.

It needs work, no doubt about that. However, it does start and get you from point A to B. We are getting rid of it because I don't have the knowledge or time to work on it. I can fix computers, not cars :)

If cash isn't your thing, then I'm also willing to consider trades on firearms. I'll post a partial list of what I'd be most interested in below:

• Saiga 12
    • Kimber Ultra Carry II or CDP II
    • Walther P22
    • Colt Defender 3"
    • Possibly some sort of EBR :) that is fairly stock (or that someone can confirm fair trade value, since I'm not knowledgeable about them)

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom