• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Fishers In
    Dallas rebuilt the transmission on my '02 Saturn over the winter. There were a few problems as the build kit included out of spec parts but they stuck with it until it was done correctly. I was satisfied with the work.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I talked to D&L today, Mon. and they said best bet is replace with either a used, or reman. They said no one in town rebuilds these type tranny. $3000.00
    is the "going" price for a replacement......

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Thanks, I talked to Dallas on the NE side and they said they would take it apart.... Figure out whats wrong and replace parts/rebuild. Wild guess from them was $2000 up to around $2500 if things are really jacked. :spend:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Thanks, I talked to Dallas on the NE side and they said they would take it apart.... Figure out whats wrong and replace parts/rebuild. Wild guess from them was $2000 up to around $2500 if things are really jacked. :spend:

I know it's a big expense all at once - especially as unplanned - but it's still a whole heck of a lot less expensive than a down payment and a $400+ / month for 3-4-5 years...

-J-

Interpon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Did you read the forums i posted? No way would i have tranny redone. If it really bothers you the try disabling the over drive in town or put in 3rd..its the lockup thats going in and out..please change the rear diff/ all wheel drive fluid with honda dual pump only and see if better. You should be doing it anyway. I gave my 05 to family at 150000 miles and got a 2013...already maintenance at 12k was to change awd fluid..redivulous but try it, will last long time. Also that 05 is way built moresolid than the 13,, keep it. I know you said tranny fluid changed 2 times but do it again with honda fluid..i know you said you used honda but they have a new version now...dw or soething cant remember..easy diy..dont pay garage they use whatever fluid..im not a. Honda nut justexperienced with what works and the 05

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Why would I not have the trans looked at and possibly redone? It was drained and filled two times with fresh Honda fluid. The fluid was a mess and metal shavings came out. The vehicle drives like I'm rolling over train tracks. I'm sure Honda fluid is great and I'll double check to make sure they use it again but I truly believe I'm beyond the point of fluid fixing anything.

If I didn't mention this the CRV has been in my family since new in 05. It was in a bad wreck and the trans was replaced. This was my moms sled and I'm sure the shop in Boston jacked her and this was a messed up used trans that was not cared for. Now I'm paying the price.

Rest of the car is great so once I figure this part out I think it will be good to go for a while.

Did you read the forums i posted? No way would i have tranny redone. If it really bothers you the try disabling the over drive in town or put in 3rd..its the lockup thats going in and out..please change the rear diff/ all wheel drive fluid with honda dual pump only and see if better. You should be doing it anyway. I gave my 05 to family at 150000 miles and got a 2013...already maintenance at 12k was to change awd fluid..redivulous but try it, will last long time. Also that 05 is way built moresolid than the 13,, keep it. I know you said tranny fluid changed 2 times but do it again with honda fluid..i know you said you used honda but they have a new version now...dw or soething cant remember..easy diy..dont pay garage they use whatever fluid..im not a. Honda nut justexperienced with what works and the 05

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I think you might have nailed the true problem, the replacement transmission might have already had a few zillion miles on it when it was installed after the wreck. I hate to say this but a full teardown seems to be in order.

Interpon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Ok..that information helps..agreed replace tranny..and personnally i would sell it get best price you can and try another..once in major wreck its toast.. Just my opinion.
    I also didnt get the part that itrattles all the time nit just slower speeds..

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I don't think it's toast. I had Alan @ Diamond Collision look it over and he fixed a couple of things and we agreed the job wasn't up to his standards but everything is straight and aligned. I think once I get this transmission fixed this thing has another hundred thousand on it easy.

I got this car for almost free. Had to ship it out from the east coast. So far with shipping, some new parts in the front and new tires all around I'm down around $2000. If I drop another $2000 on the transmission I have a $4000 CRV and I think these go for at least $8000. I know with the car fax I wouldn't get top dollar but it has a clean title and a bunch of receipts.

Ok..that information helps..agreed replace tranny..and personnally i would sell it get best price you can and try another..once in major wreck its toast.. Just my opinion.
    I also didnt get the part that itrattles all the time nit just slower speeds..

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Metal from the failed converter will be everywhere in trans, translines, and cooler. Make sure they flush the cooler lines real good and consider replacing the trans cooler.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I read your article, and if the problem is in the 'lock-up torque converter area', it probably means that the lock-up liner itself failed. Most lockup liners are "baked" on. It it wasn't adhered to the plate properly or insufficiently it will come apart in little bits and go through the entire transmission. You will get bits gumming up the valve body, destroying clutch plates, ect.

I don't think I would let it go with a flush and new converter, I would recommend a full rebuild or replace. What all is included in your $2200 estimate?

Also, something else could have caused your lockup to fail in the first place. If the lockup valve was stuck on in the valve body or a solenoid and not being able to release. You'll roast a trans pretty quick if lockup is stuck on.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Change the rear diff awd fluid with honda dual pump fluid..yes its the rear but many times is your issue..i just gave my 05 crv to my biy and it has 160000. Best value out there for me..
    ^^ this too. sometime this does the trick? I didnt notice how many miles were on it?

Top Bottom