• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just in case you guys are not aware of it, the 2008 Assault Weapons ban, which will certainly be brought up under an Obama administration will not just ban so called assault weapons. It bans single shots. It bans 22lr's. It ban Trap guns. It bans bolt actions, lever actions and slide actions. It bans pumps, over-unders and side-by-sides.

Here is the proposal: Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Click on any of the APPENDIX lists and you will see the guns that are specifically banned. It also bans all magazines over 10 rounds. If you've got a handgun with a 15 round magazine, you better buy an extra magazine or two! Heck this bill bans mega-buck competition trap guns like the Perazzi single shot TM1 Special Single Trap and the Krieghoff K-80 Single Barrel Trap guns. It bans hunting guns, competition guns, and handguns.

Make no mistake friends, this election is about freedom.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Just in case you guys are not aware of it, the 2008 Assault Weapons ban, which will certainly be brought up under an Obama administration will not just ban so called assault weapons. It bans single shots. It bans 22lr's. It ban Trap guns. It bans bolt actions, lever actions and slide actions. It bans pumps, over-unders and side-by-sides.

Click on any of the APPENDIX lists and you will see the guns that are specifically banned. It also bans all magazines over 10 rounds. If you've got a handgun with a 15 round magazine, you better buy an extra magazine or two! Heck this bill bans mega-buck competition trap guns like the Perazzi single shot TM1 Special Single Trap and the Krieghoff K-80 Single Barrel Trap guns. It bans hunting guns, competition guns, and handguns.

Looks like every gun that I ever owned made the Ban List :xmad: Looks like it would have been simpler to list what was legal because it couldn't be many :dunno:

Remember Vote 3rd Party in this Presidential Election and insure an Obama Win because American Citizens shouldn't be trusted or allowed to have weapons, damn the 2nd Amendment :rolleyes: NOT

shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Wrong.

Section 3 (A):

(3) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--
      • `(A) any of the firearms, or replicas or duplicates of the firearms, specified in appendix A to this section, as such firearms were manufactured on October 1, 1993;

It does NOT apply to the firearms in appendix A.

Last edited:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I got a question. I bought a handgun from my uncle a few years ago. When he bought it new it came with 10 round magazines. I have since replaced those with 15 rounders. Would I have to go back to the 10 rounders? Do I need to trade this pistol now and buy one that comes with a 15 rds mags?

shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    I got a question. I bought a handgun from my uncle a few years ago. When he bought it new it came with 10 round magazines. I have since replaced those with 15 rounders. Would I have to go back to the 10 rounders? Do I need to trade this pistol now and buy one that comes with a 15 rds mags?

AFAIK it means that no new > 10 round magazines can be purchased. Anything purchased before the proposed ban is OK.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    As far as I know (please correct if I'm mistaken) this is just a reprint of the 1994 ban, with dates changed, and adding "The serial number of any semiautomatic assault weapon manufactured after the date of the enactment of this sentence shall clearly show the date on which the weapon was manufactured." And yes, it's a rotten idea.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I would caution though that this bill was written in the political climate of 2008. With all Dems in 2009, they could become more ambitious in what they think they can get passed and signed.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    It bears mentioning, it was introduced by Mark Kirk of Illinois, co-sponsored by Michael Castle of Delaware, Michael Ferguson of New Jersey, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen of Florida, and Christopher Shays of Connecticut. All RINOs - Republicans In Name Only.

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    Well lets hope the Dems do not gain a majority in the Senate to block a filibuster and then we can find a Senator with the balls to filibuster this. Hmm. Well that rules everyone in the senate out.

Anyone here wanna run? We can do a write in on election day.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Those pesky Democr....er...Republicans? Oh, I know they're not real Republicans even though they call themselves that, got elected as such & vote Republican in every other way (just like the Brady's, huh?).

But the Democrats who vote for gun-rights are still evil Democrats. Not many DINO's around that I've heard of. Wait, there was one but now he's an independent.

Maybe, just maybe it has nothing to do with Republican or Democrats, but pro-rights anti-rights.

Nah, you guys have too much fun around here bashing people you don't even know whether they support gun rights or not.

Top Bottom