• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    Sounds fun my smith &wesson 327 has optics so that would put me in open, correct? The only reason I ask is next to open it says semi-auto, or is that just to keep people from showing up with submachine guns.

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    Sounds fun my smith &wesson 327 has optics so that would put me in open, correct? The only reason I ask is next to open it says semi-auto, or is that just to keep people from showing up with submachine guns.

Revolver with optics = Open division, yes.

And yes, Open division is for any handgun BUT full auto. (Due to an ACC range rule, not because they would provide a competitive advantage.)

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Is the minimum of 5 magazines a requirement for Open in centerfire?
    As long as the competitor doesn't have to reload mags during the stage, it shouldn't be a requirement.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Is the minimum of 5 magazines a requirement for Open in centerfire?
    As long as the competitor doesn't have to reload mags during the stage, it shouldn't be a requirement.

I'm not running this show, but I'll chime in.

That requirement is mostly for match management. Some folks have, in the past, showed up with only two or three 10 rd magazines. When you shoot 4-5 strings, you end up spending more time loading mags then shooting.

I would abide the match requirements. If I showed up with less, and caused a delay, I would expect to incurr some type of penalty.

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    The rule is there for match administration. So yes, you're both right. If you have, say, two 17-round magazines, and can get three strings out of each, you would be good to go. Three of those would be better... etc.

I once shot all five strings of a stage with a 33-round stick using my Glock-26. The first couple draws were a bit awkward, and amusing for the peanut gallery, but it worked. That was last year's SCSA state match, and I brought enough mags to only have to reload once... for the MATCH. (10) mags normal, (2) 33-rnd sticks.

Anyway, yes, the point is to keep the match moving. 5 targets should equal 5 shots, but they have a habit of becoming 8 or 10 or 15 shots per string sometimes. MANY times, I have seen Single-Stack shooters have to reload from slide-lock , just to finish a string.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    I wish I would have paid closer attention to this event. I did not know was a PCR group. I might have done that had I made the early registration. Good luck to everyone. I hope to come watch.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Awesome match. Thank you to all those who put this together. Got to meet a couple of you from INGO. It was good to meet you.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Got up to watch a few people shoot and also meet a few people. Got some video that I will post later. Are they going to post the scores somewhere?

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    They are not up yet but will be posted at Atlanta Conservation Club on the Downloads tab, under "SCSA Scores" soon.

Great to see everyone there. It was a lot of fun. Pass the word, I really hope so see the steel group at ACC grow more.

Congrats to msquared for 3rd with pistol and rifle (I knew when I heard your name I was out:draw:) and congrats to Litlratt for 2nd in open. A big THANKS to G7 and all the folks at ACC for putting on a great match.

Top Bottom