• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Due to an unavoidable last minute scheduling conflict we are having to reschedule to June 27th.

We apologize and understand if some of you cannot make this new date. If you cannot attend let me know and I'll remove you from the list.

2009 1st INGO Family Picnic and Range Day: Planning Phase

So far we have had a "few" people show interest in attending but we’re still trying to firm up the logistics so bare with us.

Here’s what we know so far:

Date: Secondary Date is in effect, Sat June 27th.

Hours: 12pm to 4pm

Location: Eagle Creek Park and Pistol Range. Eagle Creek Pistol Range
    They have generously offered to waive the range fees for this particular event. Big thanks go out to Steve (Sjstill) on that!

For anyone thats never been to Eagle Creek Pistol Range....here's an aerial view and a link to their own website with more pictures of the grounds.

Range Limitations: Rotations of 10 shooters on the line at a time.

Children age limitations: Sjstill (Steve) has said they've had children as young as 5 at the range. There is no set age limit, obviously parental responsibilty will dictate.

**Anyone planning to attend is encouraged to bring a lawn chair of their liking. Due to the number of RSVP's seating may become an individual responsibility.**

To keep things simple this is going to be a pack your own lunch type get together. There are also places near by in case you want to eat before arriving.

There will be no fee to attend this since it will be up to everyone to bring there own or provide there own eats if they want any. If you want to bring extra to share that entirely up to you.

25ilqww.jpg

Go here for more ECPR pics Range Photos

Volunteers:

1. Esrice
    2. Jay
    3. SavageEagle
    4. ATF Consumer
    5. jimbo-indy
    6. hc4sar

RSVP List: Names in Blue have reconfirmed for the 27th. If I've missed updating your name PM me please.

Confirmed for the 27th:

Fenway
    RogerB plus 1
    Slacker
    Sjstill plus 1
    Esrice plus 1
    lovemywoods plus 1
    kr_treefrog2
    SavageEagle plus 2
    Tatters plus 1
    22rssix plus 1
    P Starr plus 3
    hotfarmboy1
    jimbo-indy plus 1
    ATF Consumer plus 1
    jennybird plus 1 -has a 12'x12' pop up shelter if needed.
    wolfman plus 1 -has shelter if needed.
    Boilers
    IndyRoadie plus 1
    Jay
    henktermaat plus 2
    hemicharger
    hc4sar
    rcflyer
    feign plus 4
    Brown plus 3 - has a 10'x10' pop up shelter if needed.
    Snake Eater plus 2
    bwegner plus 1
    SirRealism
    Britton plus 2
    Disposable Heart
    curraheeguns
    punker39
    LoveMyRuger
    VN Vet
    Turn Key
    K_Watson plus 1
    indytechnerd
    Scutter01 plus 2
    Michiana plus 1
    revance plus 1
    Pulls Trigger, Goes Bang
    Smokingman plus 1

Unconfirmed for the 27th:

Indykid plus 1
    Cue7467 plus family plus 5
    pinhead56 plus 1
    Dragon Talon TSi AWD
    DHolder plus 6
    Zsm
    kingnereli plus 1
    Taipan
    in_betts plus 1
    theturtle06
    SilentWarrior
    BersaGirl
    kirkorner plus 1
    JC PAINT WORKZ plus 2
    Tommy2Tone
    Cavemike plus 2
    Archbishop plus 4
    CoyoteCreekGuns plus 5
    doublebarrel plus 1
    ATM
    Skoty plus 1
    USMC_0311 plus 2
    ruger7722
    pierce195
    longbow plus 3
    colt556
    caleb
    shadow shooter plus 1
    jontheturboguy plus 3
    AllenM
    Ranger Rick plus 1
    Right Winger plus 1
    IndyBassin
    stejennings7065
    El Cazador plus 1
    Indybeerman
    Dwh79
    Imprimis5
    Chefcook
    Bubbajms
    rmcrob plus 1
    colt45er
    GMcbride plus 1
    Rookie plus 1
    JcJ plus 2 - has access to rain shelters if needed.
    VUPDBlue
    Tyler34 plus 1 has a 12'x12' pop up shelter if needed.
    Repair plus 3

I appreciate everyones help on making this happen!

Last edited:

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    This sounds awesome. I would love to attend. I live close by too :)

I would be happy to bring some kind of picnic supplies (food, paper ware, utensils, bacon, drinks, whatever)

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    We can comfortably and safely get 10 shooters on the line at one time. I think as long as we rotate around, there shouldn't be any problems.

Last time we had a big get together like this, most folks ate and talked.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I would bring 2 or 3 people.

INGO should charge a few bucks and buy the meat and then people could bring sides and what ever they want to drink (no alcohol of course).

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm definately in. I like that this is planned well in advance. It gives me something to look forward to during these cold winter days!

Pitch in works for me, and I'd be glad to bring whatever is necessary to make our boys in the sandbox feel welcome.

Having the range available is an awesome bonus, but I foresee most people eating and conversatin'.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Steve thanks for that input! I was curious about how many picnic tables you guys had available in case of a large turn out, which of course is what we want. :):

We can comfortably and safely get 10 shooters on the line at one time. I think as long as we rotate around, there shouldn't be any problems.

peal1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sounds fun! My May weekends are already booked, but would like to attend if schedule is open. Depending on the number of people, it may be possible to find food donations (sponsorships?). It's also likely there are some people on here who know someone that could pass along a discount on different items.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I edited the OP to include some potential dates. I'm happy to see people interested in coming, but we need to start firming up a date for the event.

Potential Dates are: May 23rd, 30th; June 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th; July ??

Most Saturday's are wide open for my wife and I, so what about everyone else.

Steve is there anything on the ECPR calender that could bump us on or around those potential dates?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    where is eagle creek i would love to go and i second the motion for ingo selling pops or something and use it to make a little money plus it would be a great show and tell of our favorite guns

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Kinda like the AR build. Maybe 10 out of the 20 people actually built something. (Like I know the numbers! :): )

I'm loving this idea. I'm down to bring food. Should be madatory everyone bring something AND bacon... :D May seems so far away to wait for a good meal....

I'm guessing even with range fees waived that the caliber rules will apply? (No rifles) Just wondering. Also, are you guys now open Saturdays? If not I would suggest a Saturday as not to interupt public shoots. Not sure what usually happens on Saturday but if it's not open to the public (LEO only), with advanced notice, I wouldn't think they'd have a problem.

I would also like to suggest carpools for those outside of Indy. Those in Kokomo could help those in NI make it and those in say Bloomington help those in SI make it. That is if those people can make it that far and catch a ride the rest of the way. Just my :twocents:.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What I have found is that if you plan an event from say noon to 4 (as an example) MOST and I'm saying most but not all people will not stay the entire time. A lot will show up later (about an hour after start time). So be careful when putting a limit on the number of people and the time frame. Since shooting is involved or may be involved, that may change the equation a little.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Agreed on all points!

What I have found is that if you plan an event from say noon to 4 (as an example) MOST and I'm saying most but not all people will not stay the entire time. A lot will show up later (about an hour after start time). So be careful when putting a limit on the number of people and the time frame. Since shooting is involved or may be involved, that may change the equation a little.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just a quick note to say "Thanks" to RogerB for getting in there and planning this thing!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    June is good. There is this thing called The 500 that could cause a conflict in May. Put me down for drinks. Myself and Shooting Partner.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom