• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spence1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    My wifes car finally gave up the ghost this week. (1998 Pontiac Bonneville)

Saturday afternoon we went out "just to look" at cars to replace it.:rolleyes:

Ended up coming home with a 2009 Nissan Ultima!

Now heres the deal (with me)

Dont get me wrong, I like the car...its sporty (for a 4 door) in great shape, the miles are ok...all the bells and whistles...And the wife loves it...( gonna be her car, she drives to castleton everyday from Noblesville to work)....BUT I kinda feel bad or a little "dirty" for not buying an american car!!

This is the first time i have ever purchased anything other than a car made in the USA....Do you all ONLY buy USA products or does it not really matter any more:patriot:

Just curious if I need theropy or you would feel guilty also:scratch:

Roger

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Doesn't bother me. I have only owned one "foreign" car and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if the right deal came along.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Hell, it is probably more American than the American car companies. It was most likely built in Tennessee or Mississippi by American workers using parts from American suppliers. Better than built in Hecho en Mexico with Chinese parts with the profits going to American companies.

Those are nice looking and riding cars, btw.

A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    I have an Audi S4 which is an awesome car (built in Germany) and my wife drives a BMW X3 (built right here in the USA) both are very good cars.
    Remember just because it's foreign, doesn't mean it's not keeping American workers in jobs

spence1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    When I think about all of the American cars that a lot if there parts are imported to begin with, I guess it's not so bad. Just wondered what everybody thought. And now that we have to pay for this thing, I assure you I'm gonna "try" to enjoy it:rockwoot:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My wifes car finally gave up the ghost this week. (1998 Pontiac Bonneville)

Saturday afternoon we went out "just to look" at cars to replace it.:rolleyes:

Ended up coming home with a 2009 Nissan Ultima!

Now heres the deal (with me)

Dont get me wrong, I like the car...its sporty (for a 4 door) in great shape, the miles are ok...all the bells and whistles...And the wife loves it...( gonna be her car, she drives to castleton everyday from Noblesville to work)....BUT I kinda feel bad or a little "dirty" for not buying an american car!!

This is the first time i have ever purchased anything other than a car made in the USA....Do you all ONLY buy USA products or does it not really matter any more:patriot:

Just curious if I need theropy or you would feel guilty also:scratch:

Roger

My family has been GM diehards since the invention of the wheel. My 97 Bonneville will be my last GM product. BTW what color is your '98? I need a dark cherry drivers side fender really bad, freakin' teenage drivers. My Bonnevilles, and I've had a few, were the best cars I have ever owned. But after a couple of GM mini-vans and their bail out fiasco, screw 'em. Bought the wife a little Lexus SUV, made in Canada, and couldn't be happier or feel any less guilty about it.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I am a Toyota guy so that probably says it all.
    A friend works for Delphi and spends much of his time traveling to their plants in China, India, France, Romania, etc. There is little they do in the US as far a mfg. goes.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I am a Toyota guy so that probably says it all.
    A friend works for Delphi and spends much of his time traveling to their plants in China, India, France, Romania, etc. There is little they do in the US as far a mfg. goes.

The Toyota Camry tops the list of cars with the most American made parts. We make door sill scuff plates for them at work. As well as a bunch of Toyota tundra parts.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    I've got 4 vehicles in the family.

2003 Nissan Altima
    2005 Pontiac Grand Prix
    2007 Ford Edge
    2007 Dodge Charger

I just got the Charger, so not much experience with it yet. I've had the others for a few years, and out of all of them, the Nissan has given me the least headaches with regards to maintenance. The Pontiac has just needed a couple of minor things, and the Edge has been to the shop the most. Luckily, nothing REALLY major for any of them yet, but if I was a betting man, I'd bet on the Nissan to outlast them all.

Many, many Americans have jobs because of Nissan. Don't worry about the label. This is truly a global economy.

spence1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    My family has been GM diehards since the invention of the wheel. My 97 Bonneville will be my last GM product. BTW what color is your '98? I need a dark cherry drivers side fender really bad, freakin' teenage drivers. My Bonnevilles, and I've had a few, were the best cars I have ever owned. But after a couple of GM mini-vans and their bail out fiasco, screw 'em. Bought the wife a little Lexus SUV, made in Canada, and couldn't be happier or feel any less guilty about it.

Her Bonny was a light green color. She's already sold it to someone she works with for parts. He also has an old bonneville.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I highly recommend Altimas to anyone who will listen.

We have a 2006 Altima SE 3.5. Just rolled 100k on the clock.

OUR car seems to eat batteries - unfortunately. But other than routine maintenance, that's all it has needed. (That and a front air splitter/dam that came off - but that happens on lots of cars)

Very roomy - even in the back seat. Decent fuel mileage, too. Wish she'd have gotten the 4 cylinder when she bought it, though (we weren't even dating then)

I bet the 2009 will have the CVT in it. 4cyl + CVT = great fuel mileage.

If/when our current Altima decides it's done working, we will absolutely positively look at other used Altimas as a replacement. Hopefully, though, we'll get another 100k + miles out of it.

-J-

spence1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I highly recommend Altimas to anyone who will listen.

We have a 2006 Altima SE 3.5. Just rolled 100k on the clock.

OUR car seems to eat batteries - unfortunately. But other than routine maintenance, that's all it has needed. (That and a front air splitter/dam that came off - but that happens on lots of cars)

Very roomy - even in the back seat. Decent fuel mileage, too. Wish she'd have gotten the 4 cylinder when she bought it, though (we weren't even dating then)

I bet the 2009 will have the CVT in it. 4cyl + CVT = great fuel mileage.

If/when our current Altima decides it's done working, we will absolutely positively look at other used Altimas as a replacement. Hopefully, though, we'll get another 100k + miles out of it.

-J-

Ours is a 2.44cyl. Has the SL package. Leather interior, power slider in the roof, and a ton of other stuff to long to list in the SLPackage. The EPA rating if the fuel is 26 city and 34 highway. I will definitely be looking forward to that!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    That reminds me...

Right before the factory warranty went out, she had to have the motor for the power sun roof replaced.

Can't remember if we were married yet - that might have been before it was "our" car...and just "her" car.

-J-

Top Bottom