Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    :ingo: 2010 Rim Fire / Long Range Event :ingo:

Date: Sunday, March 14, 2010

Time: 11:00 AM

Location: Zip Code 47353 (Actual Address will be sent via PM)

Contact Information: Dave (Militarypol21) 317.658.3371

2010 Rim Fire / Long Range Event

Safety Briefing

• Listen to the Range Officer and follow all his commands.
    • Wear Hearing and Eye Protection.
    • Keep your firearm pointed in a safe direction.
    • Keep your finger off the trigger until you’re ready to engage your target.
    • Keep your firearm unloaded and safety on until you are ready to shoot.
    • Your firearm will remain cased and will only be uncased at the firing line, ONLY when the line is Hot. Once shooting is complete you will then re-case your firearm.
    • The word “Cease Fire” may be called by anyone at anytime an unsafe event takes place. If a “Cease Fire” has been called, stop all shooting immediately and place all weapons on safe. (This is not an open invitation to walk down range)
    • The only time anyone is allowed downrange is when the firing line is cold at which time nobody is to handle any weapons for any reasons.
    • Do not go forward of the firing line for any reason.
    • If you have a weapon malfunction- stop shooting, keep the muzzle pointed down range and clear your weapon. Once your weapon is cleared you may continue shooting.
    • While someone is on the shooting line please keep all distractions behind the shooter to a minimum. (helpful criticism is not considered a distraction)
    • No alcohol allowed until AFTER all shooting is over.
    • No armor piercing or incendiary rounds allowed.
    • Respect the property belonging to 42769vette, returning it back to the way it was before the shoot.
    This event is full, please check back for future events.

RimFire Shooting Order :
    1. Darklight - Turnandshoot4 (Ruger 10/22)
    2. AirbornePFC - 42679vette (CZ 452)
    3. IndyGunworks - Litlratt (CZ452)
    4. Litlratt - IndyGunworks (Ruger 10/22)
    5. Turnandshoot4 - Darklight (Ruger 10/22)
    6. Militarypol21 - JsHarmon7 (.17HMR)
    7. Lewisjt - Sandman (Ruger 10/22)
    8. JsHarmon7 - Militarypol21 (.22LR)
    9. Sandman - Lewisjt (Ruger 10/22)
    10. 42769vette - AirbornePFC (.22MAG)
    11. 40calpunisher - AllenM (.17 Mach 2)
    12. **WAITING ON PM FROM 300RUM AND BROTHER**

Long Range Shooting Order :
    1. Lewisjt - Sandman (308 or AR223)
    2. M107 - AllenM (308)
    3. Darklight - Turnandshoot4 (308)
    4. Turnandshoot4 - Darklight (308)
    5. IndyGunworks - Litlratt (AR15)
    6. Litlratt - IndyGunworks (AR15)
    7. AllenM - M107 (308)
    8. Sandman - Lewisjt (308 or AR223)

Pitch-in Lunch :

• IndyGunworks – Chips
    • Turnandshoot4 – Chips
    • JsHarmon7 - Plates, Cups, and Plastic-ware
    • Litlratt- Case of Cokes
    • Militarypol21- Case of Cokes
    • Lewisjt & Sandman – 2lb. Cold cuts and 2 loafs of bread
    • M107- Cookies or Cake
    • Darklight- Open for ideas
    Items to Bring :

• Yourself
    • Your Firearm
    • Your Ammo
    • Binoculars and/or Spotting Scope
    • Eyewear & Hearing Protection
    • Paper targets for Pre-Zeroing
    Additional Information

At 11:00AM, we will conduct the safety briefing and shortly after we will eat and call the Zeroing Range Hot for those that wish to use it. It will remain Hot for approximately 30-60min. depending on how many shooters need to zero.

In case of rain we still plan on shooting. We will move the firing line to inside the barn that is on the property. The only downfall is, depending on the amount of rain/mud, the Long Range Event will either need to be moved to 500 yards or closer or may even be canceled depending on weather.

42769Vette is also giving us access to an ATV and UTV, along with multiple 4x4 trucks to hall people to and from the targets when needed.

Depending on the amount of time we have left after the events, we may throw in a little competition into the mix. We have a couple ideas to throw out there.Everyone is encouraged to bring handguns or any other gun that is on the approved list, but these are to remain secured until after the events are complete. After all the events are complete there will be plenty of time to show, tell, and shoot these if you wish at some random items that will be provided downrange. Once again, this is ONLY after the events have taken place.

Litlratt along with IndyGunworks will also be participating at this event and are known by many for their Long Range expertise. I'm hoping this event is just as much educational as it is fun. Take the time to learn a few tips from these guys along with other members, and have an all around good time!

Rim Fire Event #1
    This event will not be timed but there will be a "to be determined" stopping point for each shooter. We figured many of you don't have the option to shoot at distances like these so why should we rush you through the event. Take your time and hit your targets! The targets for this event will still be multicolored large balloons at 50, 100, and 150 Yards. We may also throw in some steel plates as well.

Rim Fire Event #2
    This event is going to be changed to a speed event of sorts. We can all discuss it the day of, not a big deal. Maybe something along the lines of balloons set at multiple unknown distances out in the field, have a line of shooters. Whoever pops their balloon color down first stops shooting and holds up their hand.

Long Range Event #1
    This event will not be timed but there will be a "to be determined" stopping point for each shooter. Steel targets will be placed at 500, 600, 650, 700 yards. I may also place random balloons out on this range for you to determine your own distance.

"I'd Like to thank everyone for their interest, planning, and set-up for this event with the hopes of more events of this type happening in the future! I hope everyone has a good time, learns something new, and meets new INGOers along the way :patriot:."

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    also ive got a pretty good shot to shoot pistols. i figure depending on what time we get done we might throw a few rounds that way. mise well make it a show and tell/try.

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    42769Vette, will my m82 be ok for the long range? I'm 3Mi.
    east of Milton In. Sounds like fun. and close to home!
    Savage bolt 22Lr for rimfire.

Mike

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Sounds like a good time and I may be interested. Is this a rimfire OR long range event? I have never even tried to shoot 600 yards so I think I would be better suited for the rimfire section! Either way sounds like you put a lot of thought into in and sounds like a good time!

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    WOW!!! This is freakin great!!! I wont be able to attend, but, if some one who can please take pictures and maybe a video.

I hope this will be the first of many, good luck to all!!!! :ingo::ingo::ingo:

:patriot: Don

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Through all the PMs I have been getting regarding this event, I can see it's going to turn out great. The list is starting to fill up fast, so get your name in soon before the list is full! I'd like to thank those that are willing to help set this up, and assist in getting some supplies. All your help will not go unnoticed. I look forward in meeting all of you! For those that won't be able to attend this event I'm sure there will be more events in the future. Plenty of pictures will be taken and I plan on bringing along the video camera to capture all the fun times!

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    what do you think would be an estimated round count for the long range.
    Just to be sure to be prepared.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have shot MOA or better to 300 yards. Not to awful hard with the right equipment.
    6 and 700 yards I have not shot that far. But I want to :)

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have shot MOA or better to 300 yards. Not to awful hard with the right equipment.
    6 and 700 yards I have not shot that far. But I want to :)

haha... thats funny because vette was talking about 400 with a .22 that was the original distance the OP had us shooting in the "planning" phase... i dont think anything .22 will be longer than 200, and the centerfire will be more like 6-700 yards....

which means i am going to have to remount my scope on my .308

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom