8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    2011 Blade Show & Blade Sports Pics

Entering the 2011 Blade Show.
    BladeShow2011Entry.jpg

Benchmade Booth
    BladeShow2011Benchmade.jpg

Blind Horse Knives Booth....Man were they busy both days that I was there.
    BladeShow2011BlindHorse.jpg

Busse Booth...For all of the Busse Fanboys!!
    BladeShow2011Busse.jpg

ESEE Booth
    BladeShow2011ESEE.jpg

ZT 0777...Awesome knife that I got to play with for awhile...they finally had to take it
    away from me!
    BladeShow2011ZT0777.jpg

ZT Hinderer Flipper...Super smooth opening with the KVT system..after not wanting to give
    it back along with the ZT0777....they asked me to leave their booth.:):
    BladeShow2011ZTHindererFlipper.jpg

Blade Sports Pics.
    BladeShow2011BladeSports.jpg

BladeShow2011BladeSports2.jpg

BladeShow2011BladeSports3.jpg

BladeShow2011BladeSports4.jpg

Tennis Ball & Golf Ball Chop Table.
    BladeShow2011BladeSports5.jpg

Horizontal & Vertical 2x4 Chop Table.
    BladeShow2011BladeSports6.jpg

BladeShow2011BladeSports8.jpg

2" Rope Chop Table.
    BladeShow2011BladeSports7.jpg

14 pieces of flooring tape together...ready to be chopped. Note the single water bottle, it is used for a vertical chop....it has to be chopped completely through long ways.
    BladeShow2011BladeSports10.jpg

Dowel Rod & 1" rope Chop Table. Note: Dowel rod is 5/8" in diameter.
    BladeShow2011BladeSports9.jpg

Blade Sports World Champ and INGO member Donavon Phillips & me hangin out after he competed. Donavon is one of the nicest down to earth people that you would ever want to meet. He took a lot of time answering my questions about Blade Sports. He has indicated that he would love to come up to Indiana and have a cutting/chopping school for any INGO members that would be interested.
    BladeShow2011BladeSports15.jpg

The actual chopper that he used in the competion...He makes his own choppers using M4
    steel.
    BladeShow2011BladeSports18.jpg

BladeShow2011BladeSports16.jpg

Donavon demostrating the safety lanyard that is currently being used by most of the competors in Blade Sports. Note: The lanyard is attached towards the spine of the blade and not towards the back of the handle.
    BladeShow2011BladeSports20.jpg

BladeShow2011BladeSports19.jpg

Back to the Show:

Hangin out at the Strider Booth.
    BladeShow2011Strider.jpg

INGO Member mercop at the RMJ Tactical Booth.
    BladeShow2011mercop.jpg

Dan of Blind Horse Knives.
    BladeShow2011BHK.jpg

Last edited:

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You get a lot of blade for the buck with Blind Horse Knives. I have two of their custom knives, and two of their limited editions. Also a few of their regular knives. Dan and L.T. are just great guys to work with, too.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Yeah grunt I picked up a couple of new Striders just for you buddy.:D

I also picked up a new TOPS that is a bad little knife. This thing is 3/8 thick. I like it so much I just may keep it for myself. :D

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    awesome brad. glad you guys had a good time and very cool you got to meet Donavon Phillips. i would love to do some chopping w/ him

you or sheila pick up any nice blades?

The Blade show really is for the consumer more than it is for dealers. Most companies were selling at retail....not a lot of deals for the dealers. Just about every company I deal with told me just place an order when I get home...basically, there were very few deals for the dealers with the exception of Strider and Microtech and I dropped a load with both of those companies.

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    i;d LOVE to see more pictures of Donavon's work! looks like a cool knife from the pics!

did you get any table pics, brad?

I wish I would have taken some better detailed pics of his knife. I asked him how much he would charge me to make one just like it....it was pricey, but you get what you pay for when your talking about knives at this level.

There are several pics of the cutting/chopping tables that were used in the Blade Sports event...scroll back up my friend. :)

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I wish I would have taken some better detailed pics of his knife. I asked him how much he would charge me to make one just like it....it was pricey, but you get what you pay for when your talking about knives at this level.

There are several pics of the cutting/chopping tables that were used in the Blade Sports event...scroll back up my friend. :)

definetely get wht you pay for! well, most of the time. if they stamp their nae and the price doubles, walk AWAY!!! :D

i was interested in the knife, as opposed to the table pics though..... what thickness of steel did he use?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    definetely get wht you pay for! well, most of the time. if they stamp their nae and the price doubles, walk AWAY!!! :D

i was interested in the knife, as opposed to the table pics though..... what thickness of steel did he use?

Man...I don't know:dunno:. Not being a knife maker, I kind of skipped over the parts that would be important to you and other makers. If I was guessing, the spine (top) was probably a 1/4" (maybe a little less) in thickness and it narrowed down (flat grind) pretty fast to the edge.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I should have had you pick me up a new pocket clip for my ZT0200, I broke mine last week.

It has a life time warranty. Just call them and tell them what you need, more than likely they will ship it to you.

KAI USA Ltd. (Kershaw & ZT)
    18600 SW Teton Avenue
    Tualatin, Oregon 97062
    Phone: (503) 682-1966
    Fax: (503) 682-7168

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Brad thanks for the pics and detailed play-by-play. Great to see that many "big dogs" in the industry are also INGOers!

dphillips

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011

I use 3/8" steel. Gonna try to get some pics on here soon.

Donavon

Top Bottom