• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    All I am seeing is mommas and babies and a couple yearling bucks..

My son took a nice 9 pointer in illinois a couple evenings ago.. He was with another much bigger buck, which we found odd this late in the archery season.

The bigger buck decided not to come out and play, but this guy did.

'
    Marksdeer007b3.jpg

Last edited:

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I shot a nice doe tonight (Sunday). Will check it in tomorrow and then give it to a needy family. Shot it on a landowner tag. Yesterday evening I was getting down from my tree shortly after dark and the coyotes started lighting up. When I was 4' from hitting the ground it sounded like they were 75 yds from me. I got down and started taking the climber off the tree, they were getting closer. Sounded like there were 5 to maybe 8 of them. I pulled my Sig from the holster and grabbed my tac light. I'll be danged if my battery wasnt dead on the light. Of all times it had to be now. I did have my headlamp on but it doesnt illuminate well. I got my climber slung over one shoulder, bow in one hand, gun in the other, hammer back. I stumbled thru the woods, not even on the trail, wanting to get the heck out of there. The yotes were gaining on me. I made it to the outside edge of the woods and I stopped to take a breather and they went silent. I headed to the truck and made it without incident but oh man that was eary. I'm glad I had my pistol and got a new battery for the light today. After deer season I'm going to have a coyote cereal killing!

Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County
    Willie - Your boy did good. Can't see the full body in the picture but that thing looks like a toad. Great photo too. Congrats to your son.

Selinoid 44. - Congrats on the doe and :yesway: for giving it to a needy family.
    Those coyotes can be unnerving from time to time. Just keep telling yourself you are the baddest thing in the woods and continue to carrying that big stick. Let's see a picture.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Hunting after work again tonight, buddy offered to let me use one of his ladder stands.

Been working with my cousins to get his stands in place for gun season, so I now have some pretty good places we're staying out of until the rut heats up.

Top Bottom