• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I haven't been out much. It is tough to get all excited ths early in the game.. that will change by next weekend. I'll be out every chance I get....

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Well I could've shot one today if I would've had my bow with me. Probably a 25-30 yard shot from the front of my boat to where the buck was standing on land. I seen him walking in and when he got broad side I let out a grunt and stopped him in his tracks. Something tells me though that Sullivan Co. Park and Lake would not have been happy with me.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Was out for the first time this morning....saw 2 yearling, they need to grow a little. The guy that hunts just N. of me has seen as many as 5 bucks at the same time, pratice sparring, but they are all spikes or fork horns. Its still early, don't get too excited until Nov....

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I shot this doe last week at 6:30PM. She was with 2 others. My shot was a farther back than I wanted but I was confident that my shot would drop her. She ran 50 yards and dropped in a field that had just been combined. I had her gutted and loaded in my truck by 7:30. She field dressed at 115 lbs. I was out last night and passed on a small 8 point buck that was probably 2 years old. I saw him at 6:30PM also. He stayed within 20 yards of me for about 20 minutes.

TSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Seymour
    Good Job Deer Hunter!

I can't seem to be where the does are. I have had shots on little bucks. My new Mathews Z9 needs to draw blood!!! I would like to shoot a doe early and then settle in on hunting a monster buck. The wind and moon this past weekend sucked!

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I have only been out 4 times because of the heat and wind. I passed on a doe on opening morning because it was with a yearling. I just couldn't bring my self to shoot her. Last Wednesday when I shot the doe, I had more does come in after I shot this one. When I saw the young buck, he was by himself. This Indiana weather sure isn't cooperating though. Good luck to all and be safe out there.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    when you've never killed one with a bow... it's hard to stay home :D

That is very true.....

I'm retired so I can hunt as much as I want, or the little lady allows. ;)

I'll be hitting it hard here and in Illinois from here on out...

I'm hoping to put an arrow in one of these guys....

MDGC1668.jpg

MDGC2545.jpg

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I have been hunting a couple days a week. No shots yet. I have been seeing a few does but no bucks. Been seeing lots of turkeys. The end of the month is looking better and better.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Been out 3 or 4 time. Passed up a few shots on fawns. had a big doe at about 30 but couldnt get her where I wanted her for a shot. No bucks as of yet, but they are coming...

jeepville

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    New Castle
    Bought my hunting licenses today will be my 4th year deer hunting. I am really excited but also saddened that there is no lifetime license anymore. Every time I pay I am like ouch. But luckily I have only had one year out of the last 3 that I went home empty handed.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I just thought I would share this. On Saturday I took my 12 year old daughter, Trevor, on her first bow hunt where she was the hunter. She's had her success with a gun, but can now pull back the legal minimum and after beating everyone in her 4H Archery League last summer, she wanted to go after deer with a bow. So we set out the other day in a good spot to get her a deer. While no deer was drug out of the field, she did get to let an arrow fly. She clipped the bottom window of the blind, which I blame on myself more than anything. Still we had an outstanding night, had a lot of fun, and burned memories that neither of us will ever forget. She's hooked on bow hunting for life now and already planning on her hunt tomorrow night.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWTYXZ6FnSE[/ame]

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    some problems i have noticed where i hunt is that the corn is still standing and has yet to be harvested due to the heavy rains in september. all the big boys are still in the fields hiding until after dark.. seen lots and lots of does walking the field edges and then disappearing. bucks do the 'peek a boo' game from the fields and keep taunting me. any one else have notice this yet??

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    some problems i have noticed where i hunt is that the corn is still standing and has yet to be harvested due to the heavy rains in september. all the big boys are still in the fields hiding until after dark.. seen lots and lots of does walking the field edges and then disappearing. bucks do the 'peek a boo' game from the fields and keep taunting me. any one else have notice this yet??

Did you see the info I posted on the harvest? We are only at 42% corn harvested versus 55% last year at this week. Yes I have played peekaboo with a buck on Oct.6 in the corn this year, I am sooo frustrated! Catching them using my property as a go between 3 corn fields is like Russian roulette and I've only guessed the right trail they'll use a couple times. I hope they can get at least some of it harvested soon!

Top Bottom