• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    OK, I went to Wendy's yesterday and got my favorite - a doublestack with mustard and cheese. It was no longer on the $.99 value menu, although their webpage shows it as $.99. I believe it was $1.19. To add insult, it seemed considerably smaller than usual.

Everyday Value Menu - Wendy's

OK, post what you have noticed lately that has gotten more expensive and / or smaller (or both).

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Same thing at Rally's.Mushroom and Swiss was $1.00 now 2 for $3.00. It's not going to get any better,the more gas goes up, so will everything else.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's still pretty cheap.

I've never eaten at Rally's but a mushroom and swiss hamburg sounds so good right now.

I'm mostly concerned with produce and whole foods being more expensive. They are - and will continue to be more and more money. Hambergs or tacos are a good treat, but I'd be killing myself eating them all the time.

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Right now the scale of food price inflation has been hiding behind smaller portions in the same size containers. Have a close look at the packaging of the food, particularly the weight/volume. You will see lots of items have dropped in the amount of product. What was say 16oz is now 14.2, but the bottle is the same. I like the fact that WalMart has the price per ounce on most items, you can really see it if there is a change.

Wal-Mart CEO Bill Simon expects inflation - USATODAY.com

Buy all you can now, it's not going to get any cheaper in the long run. Our worth-less fed reserve notes, now thats a different story....

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I started laughing when I saw a store brand's Orange juice. It says still 64oz. Sure enough, almost all others are 59oz.

Half a gallon of ice cream is really only 1.5 quarts now.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I've been buying the same thing from Wendy's for about five years. It originaly was $4.21. I haven't eaten there in probably six months and went there yesterday...the exact same items were $6.39.

I was slowly setting aside some money to get a new Surefire light that up until a week or so ago was $55. I went to order it a couple days ago and it is now $95.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Inflation seems to be affecting food and fuel the most right now. But, give it time and everything will be affected.

Not sure how much damage the fed is doing my printing so much money. If history is any indication we could be looking at hyperinflation in a few years.

There are some who say the unrest in the MiddleEast is food inflation driven and not some democracy movement. For the poorer folks in third world countries just a small jump in food prices can mean the difference between surviving and starving.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Man...reading this thread made the images I've seen in history books of Germans carting around wheelbarrows full of near-worthless marks trying to buy bread pop into my head. Surely it won't get that bad?

It's such a slow insidious process too...you don't notice right away that portions are getting smaller; that packaging is getting smaller. At the grocery store they cut prices on items and when the price cut tag gets pulled off of the shelf the base price for those items is always a few cents higher.

Gas is hovering right under $4 a gallon right now...but wait until Easter holiday gets here. The price is going to smoke right past $4 a gallon and hover right under $5 a gallon, conditioning us for the next big jump.

I wish I had an in on the oil speculation racket. I wish I had enough extra cash and a gigantic oil storage tank so that I can speculate on the commodity that is oil.

It seems that everyday there's a new hand in your pocket or that same old hand is wanting more. The state of Indiana says that counties owe the state more in tax money? The state can't account for what is owed, just that it is owed to them.

Here in Kokomo, an article in the Tribune was telling us about property tax increases because GM Holdings will be paying less in taxes to the county because they have valued the Delphi plants here at $7 million dollars. The price I guess that they paid for the equipment as Delphi exited bankruptcy. That same equipment had been valued at something like $218 million in past years. Who will pay the shortfall in those taxes??? This guy...a property owner here in Kokomo Indiana. It's amazing...I put in cash for GM's buyout...and now my property tax is, without a doubt, going to increase directly because of GM. The only thing left is how much that increase will be. Maybe our govenment officials and GM can hammer something out, who knows?

Sorry....just ranting I guess. As a disclaimer, I didn't go and try to look up exact figures and stuff...like I said, I was ranting. It seems to be the great f****** of the working American.

I'll count my blessings in that I have a job and a great family, as well as the fact that I can rant like this and not have to worry about being taken away in the middle of the night to a camp.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom