• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure we'll be heading that way at some point. Lovemywoods and esrice suffer from OOCCD and I'm sure they won't allow us to leave out the south. They will feel incomplete. :D

You have to stop by Falls city firearms in clarksville IN if you do. Ingo member inucky runs the shop solo and its a really interest place for its size. then you also have orion arms just 5 minutes away which almost carries everything.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Nice writeup, a few years ago my wife and I spent just about a whole day visiting gun shops. Started in Lafayette went North. Most of the ones we visited were the small out of the way places -found in phone books. One shop I would recommend on any trip north is in Rensselaer, it is a fairly small shop, but has (at least in the past, haven't been there for 4 or 5 year) the best gun and ammo prices I found in Indiana. The amount of stock in the small shop was also amazing. My son and I have both bought new and used guns + ammo from Jerrys.
    Info below.
    Jerrys Gun Shop(219) 866-8707 Location:
    (see map below) Jerrys Gun Shop617 W Kannal AveRensselaer, IN. 4797

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Glad you made it to Midwest. I gotten most of guns their. Wish I would have know you were going there, I would have made a special stop there to say 'high'.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I'm sure we'll be heading that way at some point. Lovemywoods and esrice suffer from OOCCD and I'm sure they won't allow us to leave out the south. They will feel incomplete. :D

No way, all their vidoes and posts seem so sloppy. :): Just joking, I am sure it's on the agenda someday. I've been up to Bradis as you know but that's it for the "up North" visiting on my part. Would like to change it, I hear there are so many great shops around Indy! :yesway:

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I was in Blythes for the first time in 20 yrs after you guys left. Great store(Valpo...never been to the other one but my brother frequents it a bunch)....

I have already learned about other small mom and pop shops around my area and will be checking them out as I get time.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    most awesome report. Got to see some shops I'd like to visit sometime and didn't hafta spend the gas money. I will be taking a trip up to Midwest sometime soon. Thanks for your efforts and time involved.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Really sorry I had to miss this trip. But I'm glad you guys had a fun and safe time.

It's amazing how just a few pics of a shop can help give folks a 'sneak peak' before they make the trip themselves.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

I'm so happy that the big bosses have come and gone and did not require and tribute.
    All you thugs and rednecks can now come out. We are safe for a few more years before they try and come back up.
    Nothing I could do about that southern hillbilly smell in the area that they brought.
    :rofl:

I see in this thread we have a few more shops that I need to add to the list of nwi area shops.
    Will do that in the next few days. See my sig for the list and PM or post in the status update thread if you have more little shops in our area.

Perhpas we see the MODs in JULY for our big meet & shoot.
    The meet & shoots will start again in march 2013 (see my sig). We also have a potential indoor meet & shoot at bylthes in valpo in feb along with a meet & eat.

Going to be another busy year!

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Be careful when dealing with the guys at Haley's! If they are the original owners that owned it when I was in Lafayette back around 1999-2002 they were in cahoots with one of the crooked pawn shop/ gun shop owners in town.
    I bought an M1A from the pawn shop/ gun dealer being younger and duped by the schmeel the pawn shop gave me. I sent the rifle to a builder in Georgia and he told me the receiver was JUNK because it has been POORLY welded back together and should have never been resold by ANYONE holding an FFL and running a business.
    I tried to reason with the pawn/ gun shop owner they took my rifle fired a box of rounds through it charged me for the box and gave me back a dirty rifle. They said the firing pin hit the primer everytime even though they had to eject each round manually and never hit the target.
    I took it to Haley's to aak if they had any advise on what else I could do to rectify the situation or who I contacted to do so. They laughed at me and told me the pawn/ gun shop owner's word was good as gold with them. An old man took the rifle and said "They ain't a dern thing wrung with dis her rifle boy!" I said "Well I have documantation from someone who uses tools to determine there IS something wrong with it and he says different. I believe him over your old eyes any day." None of them knew what a go/no go gauge was and told me there was no such thing.
    Left a bad taste in my mouth and I never went back. I ended up buying my farm in Michigan running my own slaughterhouse and retail meat shop then getting divorced and joining the Armywhere I served several tours in both Iraq and Afghanistan. I wasnt a know it all firearms guy nor was I completely stupid but I knew nothing of the M1A other than I wanted one to go along with my Colt postban H-Bar and several other rifles and shotguns.
    I learned my lesson, started doing research and reading everything I could get my hands on. I ended up becoming an Armorer for the PD I worked for after the Army and wouldnt step a foot back into either the pawn/gun shop OR Haley's again.

Top Bottom