2012HushShoot_Max11_02.jpg

Last edited:

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    UziButton, are the guy in the 3rd pic? If so, thanks again for letting me and my friend shoot the uzi and M16. That was awesome.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Hmm, somehow I missed you. I didn't see a Lage m11. I was over on that side pretty early though and didn't make way back on that side.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Hahaha I didn't even know you were snapping a pic of me. I'm the guy in the Multi-cam hat. I was shooting like that because Jahred was giving me crap because my shooting stance is so much better than his. At one point Jahred referred to me as Travis Haley. But anyways, since Jahred wanted to give me a hard time, I decided to show him that I could shoot in a classic manner!

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Hahaha I didn't even know you were snapping a pic of me. I'm the guy in the Multi-cam hat. I was shooting like that because Jahred was giving me crap because my shooting stance is so much better than his. At one point Jahred referred to me as Travis Haley. But anyways, since Jahred wanted to give me a hard time, I decided to show him that I could shoot in a classic manner!

Ah! I recall all of this transpiring!
    Did you bring any class 3 toys?

Here is a shot of you shooting the AR in .22lr...
    IMG_9447.jpg

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Great pics, wish I would have gone. Noob question. Does a suppresor indeed quiet a weapon to the point where it is safe to not wear ear protection? I notice nobody is wearing any. My only experience is with a brand new .22 suppresor on a MK III and it still seemed pretty loud. I would have thought that the larger calibers would have been loud enough to warrant wearing them.

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Great pics.
    Thank you! :-)

Does a suppresor indeed quiet a weapon to the point where it is safe to not wear ear protection?
    Yes, generally speaking, most suppressors reduce the noise below OSHA standards.

I notice nobody is wearing any.
    The range was very quiet that day.

My only experience is with a brand new .22 suppresor on a MK III and it still seemed pretty loud.
    Was subsonic ammo used at the time? If not, you may be experiencing the ballistic crack of the projectile breaking the sound barrier.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Ah! I recall all of this transpiring!
    Did you bring any class 3 toys?

Here is a shot of you shooting the AR in .22lr...
    IMG_9447.jpg

I didn't bring anything because the only suppressor I have is a Thompson Machine 22 suppressor. You have a more pictures of me than I do from yesterday! Great looking pics! You should have came up and introduced yourself. Here is the video I made compiling all of our footage. This is the raw copy, I'm going to make it fancier when I get a chance.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT6NuZWm6nA&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT6NuZWm6nA&feature=plcp[/ame]

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    I didn't bring anything because the only suppressor I have is a Thompson Machine 22 suppressor. You have a more pictures of me than I do from yesterday! Great looking pics! You should have came up and introduced yourself. Here is the video I made compiling all of our footage. This is the raw copy, I'm going to make it fancier when I get a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT6NuZWm6nA&feature=plcp

Awesome! I like the video! Looks like you sampled almost everything there.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    It was a Savage, I think it was a MKII 22LR... ya it was real quiet... They had a 10 22 that was as quiet on the firing noise, but you had the action of the gun to hear...

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I only snapped a couple of pictures during the rain storm (I was too busy shooting the rest of the time).

Here's my view of the Gemtech booth and the Huntertown/AGS booth (both were about as crowded, but the Huntertown booth was actually on the line, so they could keep shooting during the downpour). :ar15:

IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

Not sure who that is in the foreground of the second picture. If it's one of you guys, then.. uhm, hi, I guess. :dunno:

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Ok whats the bolt action gun that made ZERO noise? I gotta buy one!

Savage MK II FV-SR with a Huntertown Arms Kestrel 556. It's a user serviceable can so leading from a .22 isn't an issue. We had a Kestrel 22 on it earlier in the day that was just as quiet. Shoot me a PM and I can direct you to a Huntertown Arms dealer in your area.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Ok whats the bolt action gun that made ZERO noise? I gotta buy one!

As many have commented, the one in the video was the savage. I actually another shot a bolt action rifle that Down By the Tracks had and it was ridiculously quiet as well. I think pretty much any bolt action .22 with a can and subs is going to be stupid quiet.

Top Bottom