• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    This was my second year deer hunting. Saw a couple last year but not close enough to shoot at. This year opening day was terrible(25-30mph winds) Sunday was the day of the big storms through Indiana, and then Monday I had a Dr. Appointment to get a physical for a job I'm applying for. Wasn't gonna go out but knowing it would be the last chance I'd get before heading back to Indy for class I got up and in the stand by 6:30am. Started to get light around 7:00-7:15, and right around 7:30 a buck came within about 30 yards of my stand. Needless to stay, I now have my first deer ever. Even better it was a 10 point buck!

1450287_10151983408683286_567738827_n_zps27401e80.jpg
    ZoomButt.gif

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    This was my second year deer hunting. Saw a couple last year but not close enough to shoot at. This year opening day was terrible(25-30mph winds) Sunday was the day of the big storms through Indiana, and then Monday I had a Dr. Appointment to get a physical for a job I'm applying for. Wasn't gonna go out but knowing it would be the last chance I'd get before heading back to Indy for class I got up and in the stand by 6:30am. Started to get light around 7:00-7:15, and right around 7:30 a buck came within about 30 yards of my stand. Needless to stay, I now have my first deer ever. Even better it was a 10 point buck!

we need pics!!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I had to go back to work Monday but my hunting partner was still off and finally connected with "Laid Back" yesterday morning. We'd had three separate encounters with him prior to yesterday and he'd missed one shot at him. Definitely surprised us where he showed up yesterday, guessing the hunting pressure from gun season moved him out of his normal area.

image_zps13faae7d.jpg

Still holding out hope that I'll be able to make something happen this weekend.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Went hunting for the very first time on Wed (11/19) and got this 6 point. I was very lucky and got it within 45 minutes of getting in the stand. My view was pretty obstructed in his direction but he paused between two trees just long enough for me to get him. Range was 60-70yrds and got him just forward of the back edge of the shoulder blades. He dropped instantly with very little twitching. The slug went through both shoulders and was sitting under the skin on the far side. I used my Remington 1100 with a 21" barrel and bead sight.
    We processed him ourselves only lost a few pounds of meat due to damage. I haven't added up the yield yet but we are looking at 60lbs of meat. I have no idea of his dressed weight.

Last edited:

brandonq2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Montgomery county
    IMG_20131119_171640_460_zps9d306c66.jpg

First deer of my season, taken with a Marlin 1894 shooting .44 mag hornady FTX. She was bedded down at 35 yards, and stumbled about 40 yards downhill after being hit. No blood between start and finish, but she expired with a matter of seconds. Bullet went through right shoulder, lung, heart, and stopped in left shoulder.

IMG_20131119_212925_521_zpsc220d5cf.jpg

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    No pics, but last night I decided it was time to start filling the freezer and quit waiting on a nice buck. 2 does down. I shot one at 60ish, the other at 100ish.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    55 yards on the flat below, my stand on the ridge. Clipped onside shoulder up top, angled through lung and plowed a 2+" wide hole through the liver and dinked a rib. Some bullet fragment found, about 50 gr of the 200gr bullet. Didn't look too hard for the rest.........it was chilly.
    Dressed 121#.
    At the shot she bolted and I wondered if I flubbed it due to unseen branch (had the Leupold down to 2X). She blew by in an arc with shotside leg up (so I knew she was toast) and slammed the big fallen tree with a huge BOOM and was dead. Proly 5 seconds total shot to gone. No exit so no BT.

IMAG0027_BURST001.jpg

swamptick

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Rochester
    2eb6bnm.jpg
    [/IMG]
    I got this 12 pt Nov. 3 I am still trying to fully understand how to post pics. Congrats to all of you and your beautiful Deer pics.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Bagged a nice doe this evening for the freezer. Had hunted hard all week, and had passed on a smaller doe earlier. Jumped a large body deer this AM on the way to the stand, but couldn't make out the size of the rack (assuming it was a buck) because it was before daylight. All I could see was the white tail running away laughing at me. I came back to the stand tonight and had this nice doe walk in front of me about 25 yards, right in the intended kill zone.

Had to shoot her off hand with my 300 BLK pistol, but still had a good shot right behind the right shoulder, that took out the heart and lungs. She ran right at me, and then another 25 or so yards before doing a summersault and expiring. Found lots of blood at the initial point that I shot her, and of course even more where she finally gave it up.

This was my first deer with the 300 BLK, and I'd have to say I'm very pleased. I was shooting 125 grain Nosler Ballistic tip bullets on top of 18.0 grains of H110. Bullet broke a rib on entry, and like I mentioned, destroyed the heart and lungs, before leaving a nice exit wound about the size of a finger, including some lung tissue hanging out. I will be hunting with this caliber again in the future!!

Last edited:

.458socomhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Tipp Co
    This was my first deer with the 300 BLK

Congrats to everyone on their success!

I was wondering how the .300 in a AR pistol would fare. I appreciate you sharing. It would be a nice way to save carrying some weight in my situation.

digitalrebel80

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    New Whiteland
    Congrats to everyone on their success!

I was wondering how the .300 in a AR pistol would fare. I appreciate you sharing. It would be a nice way to save carrying some weight in my situation.

I dropped 2 with the 300 blk ar pistol 8 inch barrel both dropped where they stood. One at 130 yards and the other at 25 yards. I was using the 110 vmax.

Top Bottom