• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Gov. Pence signed 20 bills today, according to the Billwatch site. SB 169 and 229 are not among them. Unless he expressly vetoes them before Thursday, however, they will become law without his signature. I'd expect him to sign them, but it's nice to know (at least w/r/t these bills) that the default is that they DO become law, not that they do not.

Edit: He actually signed 50 on 3/24.

Blessings,
    Bill

There is no way in my opinion that he veto's it. Unless he is secretly against guns, actually liberal, and doesn't want to run again.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    There is no way in my opinion that he veto's it. Unless he is secretly against guns, actually liberal, and doesn't want to run again.

I would agree that it's pretty much a done deal that it passes. That said, I'd prefer that it pass with his signature, not just be allowed to continue in the process.

Your last suggestion, that he is actually anti-gun, is somewhat ludicrous. I realize you weren't likely proposing that as a possibility, but the idea that Mike Pence has spent as many years in politics as he has, and made his conservatism and pro-gun rights stance as known as he has, only to veto this one bill... yeah, that's like saying you saw Michael Bloomberg and Dianne Feinstein out at Knob Creek with Carolyn McCarthy's AKs. :lmfao:

Of note... I said he signed 50 bills yesterday.

There were 223 bills passed by the General Assembly this year.
    He signed 17 of them on their deadline of 3/13/14.
    He signed another 12 on the day they arrived on his desk, 3/14/14.
    Of the remaining 194, presented to him on 3/20, he signed 50 on 3/24 (leaving 144) and at this writing, 67 more today, 3/25 (leaving 77). I'd look for at least another 42 today, maybe more.

I'll update as I can. Most recent update 1337 hrs, 3/26. Update was only of numbers on 3/25, all other text left intact ("another 42" was when he'd signed 8 total)

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Of note... I said he signed 50 bills yesterday.

There were 223 bills passed by the General Assembly this year.
    He signed 17 of them on their deadline of 3/13/14.
    He signed another 12 on the day they arrived on his desk, 3/14/14.
    Of the remaining 194, presented to him on 3/20, he signed 50 on 3/24 (leaving 144) and at this writing, 67 more today, 3/25 (leaving 77). I'd look for at least another 42 today, maybe more.

I'll update as I can. Most recent update 1337 hrs, 3/26. Update was only of numbers on 3/25, all other text left intact ("another 42" was when he'd signed 8 total)

There are none shown as signed for 3/26 at this writing, but that doesn't mean he's not running the ink out of his pen, signing the other 77 (including 169 and 229) today.

More later.

Blessings,
    Bill

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    Awesome!!!

I had just checked the IGA site and it did not list it as signed, so I was wondering...figured it would be all over the news!

Mark

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    2014-0326-Pro2A-PenceSigned_zps6d282158.png

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Strictly speaking, "WE" don't introduce bills at all. Legislators have to do that. The laws to which you refer are federal, and thus, would require a federal legislator to introduce that bill. I believe Ron Paul introduced it a few times. I'm not aware if Rand has done so. For our purposes, Senators Coats and Donnelly, and US Reps from Indiana, would be your first "go to" to get this introduced. Many federal-level legislators will not accept correspondence from outside their own district. (Translation: If you're in Andre Carson or Pete Viscloskey's district, your best bet is Sen. Coats. This is one good reason not to use insulting names for him. Just sayin'...

It gets worse, too. If you want a bill like this introduced, doing so approaching an election is not a good time to expect them to do it, though it's excellent from our perspective. Those who are not as strongly protective of our liberties and rights don't want John Q. Public remembering these controversial votes running up to the election, unless their own seats are safe. That is, don't expect an anti-gunner to call for a vote on gun control in an election year unless s/he knows s/he has no opponent or is not running that year (the latter would be for Senators, since we elect Representatives every 2 years) or s/he comes from a district where an anti-gun vote is expected/demanded.

Is it possible? Sure, it's possible. We could possibly find someone willing to introduce such a bill. It might even get through committee. With all the stars aligned and fortuitous signs in the entrails of a dead bird, we might even get it through both Houses of Congress, and if it's tacked onto a bill he REALLY wants, we might even get Obama to sign it.

Is it likely? Well.... In a word, no.

Blessings,
    Bill

Great news. So when do we introduce bills to repeal and rescind the NFA/GCA?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    UPDATE! So far, 39 bills signed today...

INCLUDING SEA 169 and SEA 229!!!!

They are law now, and effective July 1, 2014!

Highlighted the important part. Please, keep that in mind. I, for one, will use this law. HOWEVER, don't do something stupid like leave it in your car before July 1 and make yourself a felon because you couldn't wait.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Highlighted the important part. Please, keep that in mind. I, for one, will use this law. HOWEVER, don't do something stupid like leave it in your car before July 1 and make yourself a felon because you couldn't wait.

Exactly!!! I'll be taking full use of this law... but not until after July 1... OK, so maybe I'll be sitting outside the lot of my daughters' school at 2359 on Jun 30th, but still wont pull on the lot until 0000 on JUL 1!

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Stephen, yes, but that is a stupid stipulation... so if my daughter trips getting out of the car and bloodies her nose, I'm not allowed to get out and help her! that's insane and stupid, oh, and you also have to be the driver, and the vehicle must remain running.... all of these are foolish restrictions... not too mention if I have to stop by the school for any reason, or there is an emergency I have to park off school grounds and hike to the school.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Stephen, yes, but that is a stupid stipulation... so if my daughter trips getting out of the car and bloodies her nose, I'm not allowed to get out and help her! that's insane and stupid, oh, and you also have to be the driver, and the vehicle must remain running.... all of these are foolish restrictions... not too mention if I have to stop by the school for any reason, or there is an emergency I have to park off school grounds and hike to the school.

what? A stupid stipulation? How can you not see it makes everyone safer? IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Steve speaks the truth. Indiana has never had a school shooting because the guns aren't allowed to leave the car. The children are safe with the current law.

Apply purple as necessary, I'm too darn lazy to do it for you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom