• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    In the rules, under scoring I still see there is the "stage points" like in the past. I had heard of doing away with the points and just being a straight total time. Did that not happen?
    Hey Corey,

There were talks about it, mainly to align better with the 3GN series. But after the 3GN changes and consideration of those changes we decided to stick with Stage Points instead of straight time.

Sean

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Also just to note for everyone, we have gone from a 100 second par time to a 90 second par time. The extra 10secs in reality does not make any difference. Now with that said, it can be written into the stage brief that a par time can be longer or shorter, its at the discreation of the Match Director but the standard general rule of thumb is a 90sec par time.

For my fellow Match Directors, I recommend any 3gun stages have zero chance for a reload on any of the guns as a reload only adds to the overall time. Any shotgun only stage should be limited to 15-18 maximum targets as this will bog the match down. Rifle and Pistol stages are fast enough to reset and "prep" that they can be some what extended.

Also, just for everyone's information. We at Hillside have become dishearted with the push towards short fast paced 3 Gun Nation Pro Series style stages. We will be moving back to the roots of 3 Gun and setting up stages that are more similar to Blue Ridge in difficulty for the "bigger stages" we can run(long range and jungle run style stages).

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Thanks to all involved with the rules updates and new website! Looking forward to shooting this year.

Also, just for everyone's information. We at Hillside have become dishearted with the push towards short fast paced 3 Gun Nation Pro Series style stages. We will be moving back to the roots of 3 Gun and setting up stages that are more similar to Blue Ridge in difficulty for the "bigger stages" we can run(long range and jungle run style stages).
    Hmmm, sounds interesting. Looking forward to what y'all come up with this year.

Top Bottom