• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I only caught the middle of the debate, but it really did seem like Trump did better. HRC droned on and repeated her stock lines from the first 2 debates, instead of building on them. Trump was therefore prepared to parry them. I thought Chris Wallace did a solid job.

Trump missed some zingers and misplayed at least one. When HRC was talking about Planned Parenthood, Trump should've used that to say, "If your health care worked, we wouldn't need Planned Parenthood. Instead, we have an overblown, expensive mess." His, "You can't" translate was a good blow. But, he HAS to stop saying that no one respects women more than he does. That's clearly false. Well, at least in the commonly understood definition of "respect."

HRC is WAY overplaying the Russian thing. And Trump missed a GREAT opportunity to hit back at her on that: if 17 intelligence agencies think Russia hacked the DNC, then WHY AREN'T WE DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT!?!?!?!? Oh, and side note, WHY DO HAVE 17 INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES?!?!?!?eleventyone

I expect Trump to get a bounce, based in part on him exceeding the low expectations everyone had and her not meeting expectations. But, that's just based on what I saw.

ETA:
    Oh, and I'm still convinced Trump doesn't really understand how things work: 1) only appointing "pro-life" justices; and 2) not accepting the results. Its fine to mount legal challenges that are built into the process a la AlGore, but you have to accept them at some point.

I just still don't think it'll be even that close for him to challenge.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    OK, so he doesn't accept the outcome, who cares.

What does peaceful exchange of power mean? It means that the regime in power steps down and does not use the military power to remain in power.

So will Trump call out his Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force to put him in power.

BTW we have not always had a peaceful exchange of power, eg. April 12, 1861.

Edit; I am sorry, I couldn't possibly know that. History didn't start until 6/28/1956.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I just still don't think it'll be even that close for him to challenge.

Sadly, I agree. He just comes across as a lunatic far too often. It seems like they knew the only person HRC could beat would be someone like Trump. If she were running against McCain, Romney, Palin, or just about any other Republican choice I don't think she would have a snowball's chance. She's just such a terrible candidate, and human being, but the Republicans sent forth the one crazy uncle who would give her the opportunity.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Does anybody else just want to slap him when he makes the little smart*** comments? Even though most of them are true, it makes him look like a toddler I think. I do support him, but he is his own worst enemy.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    ACHTUNG! ACHTUNG!

Some thoughts from Team Trumpenhammer...

Let's all take a ****ing deep breath boys...

McCain -- considered a war hero -- but couldn't beat a guy who was plagued by serious questions about his citizenship at the time of the election and was a disciple of the Weather Underground's criminally-accused founders.

Romney -- considered a sharp businessman -- but couldn't beat a guy in the middle of an terrible economic downturn despite two consecutive spikes (2010 and 2012) in GOP Congressional representation. Must not have been wearing the magic underwear on election night...

Palin -- hot chick who can shoot a rifle -- enough said, she seems like a great mom and would certainly be a trophy wife.

We're supposed to be nostalgic for these candidates or someone like them? Really?

Water under the bridge, you say! Instead of Trump we should have picked...

¡Jeb! -- a man whose father and brother were both Presidents and who started the GOP primary with a war chest larger than most small businesses will make profit in a lifetime -- but he barely broke double digits in the primaries he contested. Nothing says I'm from one of the most powerful families in the United States and ready to be the leader of the free world like marrying a 4' Mexican dwarf. John Lennon wrote a song about him.

iCarly -- a notoriously successful business woman -- who has a face like Trump's personality...offensive. Makes Hillary look attractive. Also, could serve as Ernestine from Laugh In's body double. (see https://wickershamsconscience.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/lily-tomlin.jpg if you don't know Ernestine)

Cruz -- the smartest guy in the field, a brilliant lawyer, a Senator from what is arguably the anchor state of "conservatism" -- was so damn smart he couldn't beat a centrist from New York City over the long haul. Wasn't helped by the fact his ears articulate like a Corsair's wings. (WWII version)

Kasich -- the popular two-term governor of a key state who has earned votes from red and blue voters -- Hey Johnny, Olive Garden called, next time you get your hair cut, they want their salad bowl back. Got Teddy Roosevelt's "speak softly" part down pat but can't find a big stick.

I'm skipping the other dozen candidates 'cause I don't have all day...

If you don't like Trump, that's fine. It's a free country. Vote for her, vote for the Libertarian or don't vote at all. But the delusion that running one of these other candidates -- or musing on the nostalgic strength of our previous candidates -- is somewhat, well, it's ****ing pathetic.

Any combination of the aforementioned candidates would still not overcome the recently exposed voter fraud and profound media bias they would face. That is the damn problem a moderately decent human being running for the elephant party faces. Sometimes you need to play the "crazy" card and that's where we are now.

Trump isn't an ad agency's dream, he may not the best communicator on the stage and certainly needs a new makeup artist. That said, his name is on the ballot in 50 states and only he or Gary Johnson have the ability to prevent her from taking up residence on PA Avenue in a few months. She is a known quantity, with a track record a mile long. We know for a fact what she will do and who she brings to the table. Unmitigated disaster for an already ailing American Republic!

The choice is plain: get busy voting or get busy surrendering and equivocating.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The choice is plain: get busy voting or get busy surrendering and equivocating.
    Some are already too busy demonizing and fear-mongering! Look, there's only so many hours in a day.....!

Everything you said about the other candidates is true, at least partially. What you're leaving out is that HRC is the worst Dem to get the nominations since ... well... Al Smith, IMHO. (Just ask Actaeon, I think he voted in that election....) ;)

All of those other candidates had better approval ratings than HRC.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Some are already too busy demonizing and fear-mongering! Look, there's only so many hours in a day.....!

Everything you said about the other candidates is true, at least partially. What you're leaving out is that HRC is the worst Dem to get the nominations since ... well... Al Smith, IMHO. (Just ask Actaeon, I think he voted in that election....) ;)

And yet, here we are.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

Sometimes I feel bad arguing (debating) with you all the time, as I think we agree on 95% of the issues, probably.

The problem is, those candidates needed better approval ratings than DJT. I know the field was crowded, yadda, yadda, but if we are positing Trump is a buffoon, and they couldn't beat the buffoon in the divisional round, how were they going to defeat the lifetime criminal enterprise that is the Clinton crime family in the championship round?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sometimes I feel bad arguing (debating) with you all the time, as I think we agree on 95% of the issues, probably.
    :D

No worries, whatsoever. I don't take it personally. Well, only when it is meant to be personal. :)

The problem is, those candidates needed better approval ratings than DJT. I know the field was crowded, yadda, yadda, but if we are positing Trump is a buffoon, and they couldn't beat the buffoon in the divisional round, how were they going to defeat the lifetime criminal enterprise that is the Clinton crime family in the championship round?
    The problem there is - and this is where the media-rigging thing has some bite - he wasn't always portrayed as a buffoon. Elsewhere, I posted links to favorable reporting on Trump from left-leaning sources from December. And Fox. ;)

It also leaves out that he's been double digit negative in favorable/unfavorable comparison (roughly same ratio as Clinton). Kasich was positive, sometimes double digit.

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville

There was a lot more going on than just a battle of wits between the candidates... Trump received an enormous amount of coverage, gained a vigorous following, and his views became immune to attack. Ideas and principles became irrelevant and the story simply became what Trump was going to say next. The left-leaning media compelled the populace to choose the worst possible candidate to face Hillary, and the people complied with the media narrative, as they do in every election.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    :D

No worries, whatsoever. I don't take it personally. Well, only when it is meant to be personal. :)

The problem there is - and this is where the media-rigging thing has some bite - he wasn't always portrayed as a buffoon. Elsewhere, I posted links to favorable reporting on Trump from left-leaning sources from December. And Fox. ;)

It also leaves out that he's been double digit negative in favorable/unfavorable comparison (roughly same ratio as Clinton). Kasich was positive, sometimes double digit.

A real alpha would stop complaining and start counter-rigging.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    5AgWbn.jpg

Pack it up gentlemen, we lost.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So did hillary disclose classified info when she told the world it takes 4 minutes from when the president issues the order to actual missile launch?

Top Bottom