Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Hoping to have the .40 single stack ready for the match. State match seems like the place to test it.

mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    There's a good chance he'll be working the match so he'll be shooting with staff on Friday. But I'm sure he'll be by soon to clear it all up.

mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    This will be my first non-level 1 match. Tips anybody, chrono, signin, time management?

Parker

There won't be chrono at this match. Just 10 stages of fun. There will be a signin so its a good idea to arrive earlier than you would for a club match. It also allows you time to check out the stages ahead of time. We'll be putting out a match booklet once the stages and other details have been finalized that will have a bit more info for you. Same things apply that would at a club match. Main thing is to be safe and have fun.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This will be my first non-level 1 match. Tips anybody, chrono, signin, time management?

Parker

In addition to what the other guys said:

* Case gauge (or use your barrel's chamber -- disassembled from the gun) all of your ammo, even if it's factory.
    * Take at least 50% more ammo than you think you'll need.
    * Take a backup gun that's as close to identical to your match gun as possible in case something breaks.
    * Don't forget your belt, holster, mag carriers, mags, and all of your other gear. I've seen a surprising number of shooters arrive at a big match without their belt/holster/mag pouches.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I recommend bringing 2x ammo for Major matches on whatever the match round count is.

As for back up gun, as long as it is legal in the division that you're shooting, it doesn't have to be exact same gun/model. Have it approved by the RM first.

mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    If you clean your gun before the match....run 50 rounds through it before showing up. Cleaning gremlins show up on the 1st stage at level 2 and higher

why purple?

In addition to what the other guys said:

* Case gauge (or use your barrel's chamber -- disassembled from the gun) all of your ammo, even if it's factory.
    * Take at least 50% more ammo than you think you'll need.
    * Take a backup gun that's as close to identical to your match gun as possible in case something breaks.
    * Don't forget your belt, holster, mag carriers, mags, and all of your other gear. I've seen a surprising number of shooters arrive at a big match without their belt/holster/mag pouches.

cleaning guns and loading reliable ammo is for gamers. i personally enjoy the added challenge of having gun/ammo problems on every stage of a major match. i love it so much that I am going to petition HQ to add it to the rules. I'm also working on becoming the official ammo supplier for USPSA. You're all welcome.

Top Bottom